Pages: 1
RSS
How to create a new e-mail by filtering incoming e-mails?, The TO address is in the incoming e-mail's body

In the latest version of TheBat!, I am trying to set up a filter to look through all incoming e-mails and, for some of them, to automatically create a new outgoing e-mail adressed to the e-mail address specified in the body of the filtered incoming e-mail.

I can easily extract the target e-mail address from the body of the filtered incoming e-mail but I am having problem with creating (within the filter) a new e-mail with the TO field set to that extracted e-mail address. I use the following macro in the body of newly created e-mail: %TO=%REGEXPTEXT="\s+Email Address: (.*?)$" and it works just fine but TheBat! refuses to create a new e-mail with the "Create a new message to:" field left empty. So I have to put something there or use another way of setting the TO field. I only need a single e-mail address in the TO field and at the moment this seems to be impossible to achieve.

Does anyone have solution to this problem?

Thank you,
Vlad

Let the filter create a mail to yourself.
Use before your regular expression the macro %To="" that will empty the To: header, after that your own macro will take care of the proper addressing.

You are right, that works!

Thanks a lot!
Vlad

I have a similar issue. I get surveys emailed in which come from a server address and contain the reply email in the body. This thread is from 2004, is there any new way to extract the email address.?

Also for me the email address may or may not be present.

Andrew

There is no new way to extract the reply address, especially not when the reply address isn't present in body or header.