Pages: 1
RSS
Filter for JUST ONE e-mail address, Filter for JUST ONE e-mail address

Hi.
How can I set up filter for JUST ONE e-mail address? I need to filter e-mails that for example have as a sender an e-mail address "somebody@example.com", but when NO OTHER senders are present in the e-mail.

I tried filtering using "contains", "match" or "is" attribute, but first and second are not working as I need, third ("is") do not filter anything. Where can I find any help about these three attributes?

Thank you.

Create an address book group (let's call it: Eureka)
Add your contact and yourself to that group
Now create an incoming filter with this condition:
Address groups - Eureka - contain - sender and all recipients
Add whatever action you prefer.

Now this filter will be triggered by the following incoming messages:
-Sent by your contact to you
-Sent by your contact to you and to himself (either in the To: or CC: header)
-Sent by you to your contact and to yourself (either in the To: oor CC: header)
-Sent by you to your contact (that means that you'll have to BCC it yourself as the BCC: header is lost for incoming messages)

I hope this helps.

Roelof Otten wrote:
Create an address book group (let's call it: Eureka)

Add your contact and yourself to that group

Now create an incoming filter with this condition:

Address groups - Eureka - contain - sender and all recipients

Add whatever action you prefer.

Nice, thank you.

But it is still just a workaround. Am I the only one who is missing this filtering feature?

I'm not sure why you consider this a workaround.
Your question is a special case of a common condition. In stead of creation hundreds of fixed condition you can pick TB has a number of common conditions that you can finetune to almost any need.
For myself I prefer that over a list of simple conditions that are bound to not include things I need.

Roelof Otten wrote:
I'm not sure why you consider this a workaround.

Your question is a special case of a common condition. In stead of creation hundreds of fixed condition you can pick TB has a number of common conditions that you can finetune to almost any need.

For myself I prefer that over a list of simple conditions that are bound to not include things I need.
OK, you are right, as I realised while testing now. Especially when I need in filter target somebody, I do not have to name all his addresses, I do not have to care about updating filters when somebody has new e-mail address, etc.

While testing filters, I realised that it is impossible to Re-filter using Outgoing mail filters on folders, that I made outside any account. Do anybody have some solution (except moving all messages wanted for re-filter to some outgoing mail folder)?
Pages: 1