Pages: 1
RSS
How to setup TheBat! to collect emails that are inside the email body?, Collection emails using Filter + Regular Expression

I was told that if I want to collect one (or more) emails that are inside the email body I need to use "Regular Expression", on the filter.
If you go to filter, and Add Actions, you can choose "Capture Addresses"
Once there, you may capture address from teh Header or from the Body.
My case is how to capture from the Body.
I found this 'regular expression' that claims it will find email, but I don't know how to use it:

\b[A-Z0-9._%+-]+@[A-Z0-9.-]+\.[A-Z]{2,4}\b

How can I grab and email that is write inside the Body of and email I just receive?

Thank you
----

Hi !

I will explain below what I'm doing as I also want to get mails that contain email adresses in their body. You will tell me if this fit your needs.

body mail
match
[^ ]+@[^ ]+

Let's now cut this syntax to be more clear :

[^ ]+
@
[^ ]+

Digging deeper :

[^ ]+ → any NON-space character (as the the first part of any email adresse is. Example. Gerard.mannig in 'gerard.mannig@domain.ext'
@ → ther arobace charatcer. No difficulty at all
[^ ]+ → any NON-space character (as the the LAST part of any email adresse is. Example. 'domain.ext' in 'gerard.mannig@domain.ext'

Then, I instruct TheBat to COPY all collected emails in a specific folder for future extraction. I said 'copy' at not ' move' to let the mail be placed where it has to, independently of the current filter. Redundant email but necessary.
Edited: Gerard Mannig - 26 December 2015 22:55:20
Pages: 1