Pages: 1
RSS
IMAP outgoing filters not working

I have an IMAP account set up. In my address book, I have several groups. One is Family, one is friends. When I send an email, I would like to have the sent emails color coded. Blue for emails sent to family. Red for emails sent to friends. I have the following filter set up:

Outgoing mail
Name:
Family label
Condition: Address groups, family contain first recipient.
Actions: Set color group to family (which is blue)

The next filter in line is similar except it's for friends.
Outgoing mail
Name:
Friends label
Condition: Address groups, friends contain first recipient.
Actions: Set color group to friends (which is red)

For some reason, all messages are colored blue. I send a friend an email, their name is in the friends address group and for some reason they are being labeled blue instead of red. I have similar filters set up for incoming email and they work fine.

I think at one time I had filters set up for each individual email address and it worked. I saw a suggestion where you could use address groups instead but it doesn't appear to work for outgoing mail.

Any suggestions? Should I file a bug report?

I'm using a somewhat similar setup, but with pop3 in stead of imap and that's working just fine. (Though I'm using more AB groups.)
The main difference would be that I check for all recipients to be in the AB group and not merely the first.

Roelof Otten wrote:
The main difference would be that I check for all recipients to be in the AB group and not merely the first.

I think I tried that option and had the same problem. If I understand it correctly, all recipients that I send the email to would have to be in the AB group for it to trigger, correct?

The way I have mine set up, if the first recipient is in the AB group, that should trigger it.

There must be something strange with IMAP accounts because even with other email clients, the filters are buggy when using with IMAP.
Pages: 1