Pages: 1
RSS
How to back up all filters?

How can I back up filter all together? I know back up tool provides "settings" back up. But I don't need to back up settings, only filters!

Every account has a file called account.srb (account.erb when you're using otfe) in its account directory, those files contain the filters.
Common filters are stored in a file of the same name that's located in the mail directory.

Thank you  :D
Edited: Alireza Nasibi - 29 April 2009 16:42:38

The .srb file is located in the mail directory and in the account directories, those are subdirectories of the mail directory.

You can find the path to your mail directory via:
Options -> Preferences -> System -> Mail Directory

I did as you said. I backed up my bat ( except settings ) and then switched to another computer. Installed bat and returned all back up. I opened bat and found all mails back..happy time..
Then I closed bat and went to the directory and replaced current new installed bat .erb with my old one ( from old computer ).
When I opened the bat again.. :o  all my e-mails were gone. I know the e-mails are all in related directory but why they can't be seen in the bat?! :(

All of your messages are gone?
Does that include all folders wher they were supposed to be? Or are your folders still present but empty?

all my subforlders under inbox are gone completely.

I installed Voyager and returned back up. Everything is ok. But when I close and reopen voyager none of my huge folders and e-mails under inbox are there.
Please help. :o

When your folders can't be seen that points to a problem with the account.flb (account.elb with otfe) file. Have you been restoring that file too? There's one of those for every account too.

Now the problem is more weird!
I just installed voyager and restored back up ( from the bat ) to it. For first time, all folders and e-mails are there but when I close and reopen the voyager, all emails and folders under inbox are gone.
This time I haven't replace anything with something else.
Why is it so?

I solved the problem!
I uninstalled all the bat and the voyager. Fortunately,I had copied full folder of my voyager in my usb flash ( 2 days ago ).
I just copied it back to my computer and it works well.

The problem was because I had backed up only email folders,NOT settings.And when I restored e-mails and folders, no setting was defined. So, in next start up, all folders and emails got disappeared!
Pages: 1