Pages: 1
RSS
Delay for auto reply

Hello Everybody

This is my first post here. I am using The Bat V 5.0.12 for evaluation. I need to do some specific things with.

I succeeded to set the autoreply rules  (answer to all incoming messages).
My first question: is it possible to delay the auto reply?

Thanks

Leon

Depends on the ind of delay. Do you weant the autoreply to be sent after you've read it or a certain time after you've read it?

I'd want the auto reply run with a random time (or a fixed time, no matter) even if I haven't read the message.

Thanks

Leon

Usae the macro %POSTPONE="1d 1h 15m" in your reply template, 1d is one day, 1h is one hour, 15m is 15 minutes. For in stead of 0d you can skip that part of the macro.

When you say:"reply template", is it in
Inbox-Tools-Quick templates-Create a new template (and put the macro in)
or in
Inbox-Account-Sorting office/Filters-New filter-Actions ?

That depends on what you're using as autoreply. As you mentioned sending an autoreply to all incoming messages, I expect that you're using a filter with a template, so that temnplate is where you need your macro.

Hello Roelof

The %POSPONE macro works!

Now, I have another problem with filters. I want to make 2 differents replies with the autoresponser. I have read all the posts concerning this subject here But I am blocked with this filter story.

I want all emails coming to my account beeing answered with a posponed autoreplay then I created a address book "REPLY 1":

I create a first filter (in incoming messages)

Conditions:
Sender contains @
And Address books "REPLY 1" doesn't contain sender

Actions:
Add addresses from FROM: to groups "REPLY 1"
Create automatic reply (the template opens and I type %POSPONE="5m" in.)

I have tested this first action, it works, I get the 1st reply in the 5mn delay.

BUT the address (of the sender) are not registered in address book "REPLY 1"

After the sender reply to me, I want to do another response but different from the first one. I create a "REPLY 2" address book:
I set a second filter (in incoming messages):

Conditions
Address groups "REPLY 1" contains sender
and sender contains @

Actions
Create automatic reply (the template opens and I type %POSPONE="5m" in. I type the second message in it)
Add address from FROM: to groups "REPLY 2"
Delete address fom FROM: to groups "REPLY 1"

Filters set like this, I have the first message delayed with the good template.
But when I reply to the bat to this first message(from my testing address), I have in return the standard message (even not the template 1 I made for the first filter).

BUT the address (of the sender) are not registered in address book "REPLY 2"

The strangest thing is that I re-filter the filter 1 and everything works (almost)perfect: I have the address in AB"REPLY 1"  (shouldn't be) and "REPLY 2", and I got the 2nd reply.

Why the filters do not work properly the first time?
Is there a order (or preference) in the action which could block the filters?

Thanks for your light.

Leon
Edited: Tlamay Leon97 - 13 June 2011 22:15:30

Tlamay Leon97 wrote:
Hello Roelof

The %POSPONE macro works!

Now, I have another problem with filters. I want to make 2 differents replies with the autoresponser. I have read all the posts concerning this subject here But I am blocked with this filter story.

I want all emails coming to my account beeing answered with a posponed autoreplay then I created a address book "REPLY 1":

I create a first filter (in incoming messages)

Conditions:

Sender contains @

And Address books "REPLY 1" doesn't contain sender

Actions:

Add addresses fr om FROM: to groups "REPLY 1"

Create automatic reply (the template opens and I type %POSPONE="5m" in.)

I have tested this first action, it works, I get the 1st reply in the 5mn delay.

BUT the address (of the sender) are not registered in address book "REPLY 1"

After the sender reply to me, I want to do another response but different from the first one. I create a "REPLY 2" address book:

I set a second filter (in incoming messages):

Conditions

Address groups "REPLY 1" contains sender

and sender contains @

Actions

Create automatic reply (the template opens and I type %POSPONE="5m" in. I type the second message in it)

Add address from FROM: to groups "REPLY 2"

Delete address fom FROM: to groups "REPLY 1"

Filters set like this, I have the first message delayed with the good template.

But when I reply to the bat to this first message(from my testing address), I have in return the standard message (even not the template 1 I made for the first filter).

BUT the address (of the sender) are not registered in address book "REPLY 2"

The strangest thing is that I re-filter the filter 1 and everything works (almost)perfect: I have the address in AB"REPLY 1"  (shouldn't be) and "REPLY 2", and I got the 2nd reply.

Why the filters do not work properly the first time?

Is there a order (or preference) in the action which could block the filters?

Thanks for your light.

Leon

i am having the same problem with version 5.0.20.1 and support is VERY slow at responses. my filters are not capturing addresses as they should be. but it will capture the address on a refilter. actually i have 7 accounts and a couple of them work as they should but all accounts have the same filter so i dont understand why all accounts dont filter properly. anyone know wh ere i can find the files code files for the filter so i can compare the working against the not working since support doesnt seem to care?
Pages: 1