Pages: 1
RSS
Direct Copy, Copying the entire message into a reply

I really wanted to alter incomming messages, and the only way to do that is by forwarding the message to myself.  I just wanted to change the comment part.  I was wondering if anyone could reply with the list of macros needed to make a complete copy of the original message(including html).  I was also wondering if writing in the command line of "Run External Action" /CHECK* causes TB to check for all new messages.  Thanks

I really wanted to alter incomming messages, and the only way to do that is by forwarding the message to myself. I just wanted to change the comment part.

Adding comments can be done with the memo field
 View -> Memo Auto View
or press crtl+shift+I

I was wondering if anyone could reply with the list of macros needed to make a complete copy of the original message(including html).

I don't think you can do so. Of course you can save a copy to disk, but I don't think that that's what you've got in mind.

I was also wondering if writing in the command line of "Run External Action" /CHECK* causes TB to check for all new messages.

If you mean that like in the filter action, the answer is no. At best it generates an error.

However you can check all mail in a filter action by running this as external program:
"C:\Program Files\The Bat!\thebat.exe /Check*"
the /check parameter should be given on the commandline when you start TB (can be done in the properties of shortlink you're using to start TB).
But when you try to execute it such a commandline while TB is running (like in a filter) the commandline option is passed to the running instance of TB.
When TB isn't installed in C:\Program Files you need to adapt the path for your config.