Pages: 1
RSS
How to associate incoming mail with address book entry?

In my address book, I have a set of templates for correspondence with my wife (new mail, reply, etc).  When I originate a message -- i.e., new mail -- everything works fine.  But when I try to reply to one of her messages, TB uses the default template for the account rather than the reply template made just for her.  (There's no issue with differing e-mail addresses; she uses only a single address.)

Could it be caused by her proper name not appearing in incoming e-mails? When I receive mail from her, the From header contains only her address, rather than something like "Firsname Lastname <first.last@nullvoid.com>."  I'd hate to think I have to tell correspondents to reconfigure their outgoing information in order for it to properly link up with my address book.  My wife would do it, but I can't ask clients to take that step.

Thanks for any assistance.

The most common reason for non functioning address book templates is the existence of multiple address book entries for the same address, check whether you've got them more than once in your AB.