Pages: 1
RSS
Spam Reporting Tool for The Bat - spamcop, uce and knujon, Spam Reporting Tool for The Bat - spamcop, uce and knujon

In Outlook I use a spam reporting tool called olspamcop. Can someone let me know if there is a similar addin/macro/feature for The Bat?

olspamcop works like this:
1) Define the addresses spam is to be reported to. (I use spamcop, uce, and knujon) and whether spam will be reported in single emails or as a batch of attachments.
2) Select the spam emails.
3) Press the report button.

behind the scenes, olspamcop then makes an email with the header info then the original content all in the body and sends it under my specified spam reporting account to spamcop etc for each of the spams selected.

Is there a better place that I should be posting this question?

This might be what you want:
http://cgi.silverstones.com/library.php#spamcop_submission

You could have reached that by yourself by picking from the menu:
Help -> FAQ -> Macro, filter and template library -> and browse along
It's a real treasure house that one.

Wow!!! That is great!
Thanks so much for introducing me to the Macro filter and template library. The bat has just elevated itself several points seeing the availability of these macros.
I am starting to see why people say "The Bat Rocks!!!"
:)  :)  :)  

Upon trying to implement the filter at http://cgi.silverstones.com/library.php#spamcop_submission I I cannot work out out to install it.
I use The Bat 3.80. The filter info advises to install the filter into the sorting office by pasting it with Ctrl V. I cannot see how to do that with this version so I am presuming the instructions are for a previous version.
For others info the filter specified is:

BeginFilter
Name: Submit spam to SpamCop
Active: 0
Source: \Inbox
Target: \Trash
CopyFolder: \\\\none
MainSet: 40.
Actions: faMarkRead,faNewMsg,faExport,faoExportOver,faoExportKludges,faoManualOnly,faoHotKey,faoSaveUnix
NewAddr: submit.spam@spamcop.net
NewTemplate: %put\3D\27C:\5Ctemp\5Cexport.txt\27\D\A
ExtFile: C:\temp\export.txt
HotKey: 49235
SaveTemplate: \D\A
EndFilter

Can anyone advise how I would put this filter into ver 3.8?

Thanks

Select the part from beginfilter to endfilter, press Ctrl-C
Go to your sorting office
select 'incoming mail' (the category, not a special filter)
Press Ctrl-V
Now the filter is pasted into your sorting office

Works in v1, v2 and even in the current beta 3.96.9, so I don't doubt that it will function as intended with 3.80

Thanks for that info.
For anyone else reading this thread you will need to prefix the filter with "$$$$ TB! Message Filter $$$$" before you copy it otherwise the bat does not accept it as a filter that can be pasted. So the entire thing that you would copy and paste would be

$$$$ TB! Message Filter $$$$
BeginFilter
Name: Submit spam to SpamCop
Active: 0
Source: \Inbox
Target: \Trash
CopyFolder: \\\\none
MainSet: 40.
Actions: faMarkRead,faNewMsg,faExport,faoExportOver,faoExportKludges,faoManualOnly,faoHotKey,faoSaveUnix
NewAddr: reportingaddress@spamcop.net
NewTemplate: %put\3D\27C:\5Ctemp\5Cexport.txt\27\D\A
ExtFile: C:\temp\export.txt
HotKey: 49235
SaveTemplate: \D\A
EndFilter

Yes, but unfortunately that gives you an empty filter (That is what it does over here.)
I guess it's in the v1/v2 format.

Hi Roelof
Thanks for your help. I have started a new thread on this re converting to new filtering system in the filtering system forum as this now seems more relevant.
http://www.ritlabs.com/en/forum/read.php?FID=5&TID=4281&MID=16472#message16472
Pages: 1