Pages: 1
RSS
How to export quick templates?

Hello,
I want to share my templates with a collegue but I can't figure out how to export quick templates only (without expoting all other settings). Any ideas?

When you want to share your quick templates then you can share the file where they're located: account.qtn or account.qtb, dependinding on the version you're using.
Every account has its own quick templates, therefore the account.qtb file is present in ebry account. NB don't copy the file to an account that already has quick templates (the new file will overwrite the old one) and don't copy the file with TB running.

Thank you Roelof!
But actually I am using The Bat Voyager and there is no such file, most probably quick templates are stored in some other file in the Voyager. But all files in Voyager are encrypted with my password, so even if I could find this file, my collegue won't be able to use it because she uses has another password.
Maybe there are some other ways?
Edited: Fedor Chenkov - 03 April 2009 15:38:35

That's right, when you're using OTFE (either with Voyager or TB) the encrypted files have the same extension, but the first character of the extension is always an E. So you'll see different file names.

You can only exchange the files between TB and Voyager when both are using the same master password (as the password is the encryption/decryption key)

The only way to exchange quick templates between TB and voyager is by copy and paste. However, you can run TB and Voyager simultaneously on the same computer, so the copy/paste is rather straightforward.

Thank you very much, Roelof!
Pages: 1