Ritlabs, SRL releases The Bat! Voyager v6.2.2
A new version of The Bat! Voyager, the portable e-mail client, has been released. The latest version of Voyager includes all the new features and improvements of the The Bat! The entire list of improvements since the previous version:
- Summary message list view
- Export of addressbook to Address list, Tab-delimited, Comma-separated and INI-file with added UTF-8 BOM, it helps for some 3-rd Party programms to vizualize non-latin characters
- TLS 1.1
- SSL 3.0
- Import of Exchange contacts from MS Outlook
- Voyager 6.0 supports Internationalized Domain Names (IDN), which means that along with Latin characters also domains with characters from other alphabets such as Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Russian are recognized correctly. Thus domain names containing alphabet-based characters with diacritics, such as German Umlaute and French accentuated vowels will be processed correctly from now on.
- Voyager 6.0 is now a fully-Unicode application, which gives advantage to the users that work with multiple languages simultaneously. While previous versions worked mostly well with multiple languages in file names, subject lines, etc., there were places that a language different that Windows-default language “for non-Unicode programs” might not work well in Voyager For example, it allows to use the German language under a Russian OS without erroneous presentation of such words as “unverschlьsselt“ (instead of “unverschlüsselt“). Voyager 6.0 fully supports Unicode Standard that uses a unified digital code for the most of the world's writing systems.
- Voyager 6.0 is available in two versions - 32-bit and 64-bit. The new Voyager 64-bit version will be released after November 21, 2013. It runs better under Windows 64-bit and can access Microsoft Exchange Server if MS Outlook 64-bit is installed. This enables the exchange of e-mails inside one group or enterprise.
- Voyager is optimized to be displayed on high DPI monitors, it means that the program will be displayed correctly on any computer and under any Windows OS and it will correctly display bigger fonts.
- Voyager 6.0 introduces a new Sorting Office option - it is now possible to extract files by masks.
- The option of locking Voyager’s interface toolbars has been implemented.
- PluginAPI: Message tags can be manipulated
- New "Change Contact Photo" dialogue with cropping and rotation functions
- Using TAB/Shift+TAB keys was inactive from the Quick Reply editor
- Split messages aren't automatically combined in IMAP folders
- Faster message retrieval over POP3 with large volumes of messages kept on the server
- A high-resolution version of the main program icon has been added
- It is now possible to save message text in the UTF-8 format.
- The new %COPY("text", start, count) macro allows extracting a portion of characters provided by “text” starting from a certain character, e.g. %COPY("%otext", 1, 100) will return 100 characters starting from the first character of the original message text while replying or forwarding messages.
- Improvements of user interface in "OpenPGP Key Generation Wizard" window
- RFC 2045 recommends to ignore invalid characters in BASE64 decoder
- The /LOG_PGP_COMMAND_LINE command line parameter has been implemented
- The default mail server settings for t-online.de wanadoo.fr, mail.ru, list.ru, bk.ru, inbox.ru have been added
- Warning when parked messages are moved is back.
- German user interface translation update.
- Hunspell engine was updated to version 1.3.2
- Now the user has less steps to select user dictionary to add words to a spell checker dictionary
- Interface fixes in the "Help" menu
- Cosmetic fixes at IMAP Settings
- Preferences dialogue should now always appear in the centre of the screen
- Default mail server settings for www.outlook.com were added
- Custom ServersInfo.INI can be placed into the mail directory in order to add default transport settings for new account
- Some mailers are known to violate RFC2047 5.(3) and split multi-octet character across adjacent 'encoded-word's (we concatenate adjacent 'encoded-word's with the same character set to work around this issue)
- User interface fixes at the Account" menu
- Cosmetic fixes under the "Account -> Properties" menu
- yandex.ru e-mail settings were added
- /STARTUP_TIMING_LOG command line option didn't work
- Fixed an Access Violation error in message editor after sending a message
- Fixed some Unicode-related issues in OpenPGP Key Manager
- Fixed a bug when templates is HTML (Rich Text) and editor is text type (Windows compatible), the generated template is raw HTML
- When Plain text (Windows) is used for generating new email, to the template is added 2 blanks and CR/LF at the begin
- It was possible to view information of a password locked account
- Option of keeping attachments separately/in message bodies was displayed wrong in account information pane
- Additional images could not be attached after an image had been removed from the HTML-message body
- Switching to HTML tab did hide tab pane when message is viewed in separate window
- Improper displaying of addresses with paired double quotes
- Setting message tags with the "Message|Tags|More tags" command was broken
- Wrong editor format indication when the %SetEditor macro was used
- The SMTP option "Do not store password, prompt on retrieval" now functions properly
- Import from Google Contacts was partial in some cases
- Import from Microsoft Outlook Express address book didn't work properly
- It wasn't possible to make program associations in Windows XP
- Smileys and Rogues were inactive
- Bugs in the dial-up access functionality have been fixed
- (#0000243) "Invalid Pointer Operation" on every other call of Print
- Time in Cron format was incorrectly handled in the Scheduler
- Issues regarding the import of messages from large UNIX-mailbox files have been eliminated
- The Address Book remembers the "Lock Toolbars" option now
- The widths of the filter list columns in the Sorting Office are now remembered
- The problems connected with message Tags have been resolved
- Cosmetic fixes when displaying OpenPGP internal implementation errors
- Internal program errors related to comparison of strings in data containers have been fixed
- Some issues related to message tags have been fixed
- The issue related to the processing of the print command invoked via the key combination Ctrl+P in Voyager’s internal Image Viewer has been fixed.
- The Invert case feature now works properly in all Voayger’s editors for all the regional languages of the operating system.
- The reply counter in the German language "AW:" now works as the reply counter in the English language "Re:".
- The issue related to pressing AltGr in the mail editor for Hungarian and German keyboard layouts has been fixed.
- The search function in Cookies has been fixed.
- The negative counters issue in IMAP accounts, caused by the access of more than one client, has been fixed.
- Outlook Express contacts could not be imported.
- Creating messages using HTML-templates with images could lead to the loss of the last angle bracket.
- Program errors regarding the Quick Reply panel have been fixed.
- Some problems with printing selection from a message viewer
- Fixed icon assignment (message icon was shown as sorting icon)
- Root CA certificates have been updated
- Some 8-bit encoding problems when sending a message to an Address Group have been fixed
- Selected Headers of the Message Editor were shown wrong in menus
- Changing of a message priority was not reflected at the MailTicker(TM)
- Read filters were always invoked regardless of the "Manual Only" settings
- Message editor: some HTML messages were quoted in a wrong way
- Timeout in account settings wasn't used for IMAP connection
- Certificates/keys from PFX files with unknown attributes could not be imported
- Attachment name could be incorrectly encoded
- When a message reminder was set up, the default notification settings were not used
- Text in HTML reply could be trimmed when printed
- Quick Reply from separate windows could use a wrong message for reference
- Clipboard could be permanently locked (until program restart)
- A bug with PGP passphrase caching has been fixed
- Fixed a negative counter error on IMAP after message expunging (additional fix)
- Import from CVS-file with some fields empty but enclosed by quotes into the address book returned incorrect results
- Date decoding can fail if specified date is before January 1, 1601 (UTC)
- Sometimes messages from closed password protected accounts were shown in MailTicker(TM) and could be viewed when double-clicked. To workaround this issue ask password.
- Program could not be closed after attachment loading on IMAP
- Voyager didn't properly decode inline PGP and UUE from HTML-only messages
- Message tags with non-ASCII characters could be encoded in a wrong way
- Quick Reply was using addressee information only in the %QTO macro, now this information is used by default
- Message Finder - "Any part" conditions was not stored in the search history
- When account was locked, sometimes it was possible to read folders with unread messages
- HTTP requester can lose data from server when proxy with authentication was used
- Quick templates were not shown as a Forward button sub-menu
- Message Finder: the option for searching of the whole words only was ignored
- Messages about invalid PNG files are not displayed; instead as much data as possible is recovered from the broken images
- RFC-822 headers weren't immediately visible when selecting HTML message ("View > RFC-822 Headers" mode)
- An account with non-administrator privileges could not operate the "Preferences" dialogue
- IMAP. Negative counter error after message expunging
- Changes of column widths in Address Book tree were lost after program restart
- Birthday notification can be invisible and lock the program
- HTML template cannot be used for messages created from command line
- Source View - the Print function was not working correctly
- "TTaskUpdater.DecUse: negative reference counter, the "already destroyed!" error message while performing folder maintenance
- Possible multi-threading problem while terminating folder maintenance
- Current server's SMTP Authentication settings were not taken into the configuration dialogue when "SMTP on-the-go" was used
- "Watch and Send files" scheduler action incorrectly encoded long file names
- PluginAPI. The filter wasn't used when getting the message list
- Some 8-bit encoding problems when sending a message to an Address Group
Back to the list