Pages: 1
RSS
Reply with highlighted segment (or All ) of original message?

When Replying, what I want to do is to be viewing the original message, Highlight just a part of the Body of it, click Reply, and have that highlighted part included as a quote-back in my reply. That's what I'm used to with my other email. In fact, with the other if I highlight nothing at all the whole message becomes a quote-back. I've tried highlighting in The Bat and it doesn't work, all my Replies start off blank. Is there some Preference setting I need to toggle?

Highlight the text and hit F4

Rick G wrote:

Thanks, Rick. I had read about this somewhere and tried it, didn't work, then forgot about it. Just tried it again, didn't work.

From what you're telling it looks like you've altered the default reply template.
Account -> Properties -> Templates -> Reply
Somewhere in that reply template you should encounter the %Quotes macro, when that's lacking then TB doesn't add any quotes in your reply.

Roelof Otten wrote:
the %Quotes macro, when that's lacking then TB doesn't add any quotes in your reply.

Thanks, yes, that was it. Restore Default Template solved it.

Rick G wrote:

WOW didn't know that - very clever, thanks  :)
Cheers
MS

To my way of thinking, any time the user highlights text in a received message the program should assume/default to creating a quote-back when Reply is clicked. No F4 should be needed to define a quote-back.  :o The way I work in email I only rarely would highlight to be able to copy-paste into some other document or some other email. The highlight's almost always for the Reply.
Pages: 1