Pages: 1
RSS
Composing email and adding hyperlinks

In V5, it was real easy to add a hyperlink to text when composing an email. Highlight the text, then click add hyperlink and the hyperlink currently in the clipboard was pre-populated, I just clicked OK and it was set.  Now the hyperlink needs to be manually pasted.  Is this removal of functionality by design?  How can I make it work as it did in the past?  This feature was one of the reason I purchased BAT!

Nobody has a comment?  The loss of this (and other) functionality in V6...

I just tried it and it is populated for me. I copied a link, opened a new message and used the link icon and it was populated. Sorry I can't help
There are a few bugs that are showing up for some users only and they are working on them. My new messages open in plain text despite my settings under options. Some very knowledgeable people cannot confirm that.

Robert ONeill wrote:
Now the hyperlink needs to be manually pasted.

Yes I can confirm that - if you select the text first.

If I don't select the text first - then, the link is populated.

Robert ONeill wrote:
Is this removal of functionality by design?

Don't know whether it's by design - but, I prefer it this way since I can customize the Active Colors and Attributes.

cheers,
^ _ ^
Battie
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows 8.1 Pro (64-bit) | The Bat! Pro 6.0.12.0 | MailWasher Pro 7.3.0 (Beta)

Battie wrote:
Robert ONeill wrote:
Now the hyperlink needs to be manually pasted.
Yes I can confirm that - if you select the text first .

If I don't select the text first - then, the link is populated.

Robert ONeill wrote:
Is this removal of functionality by design?
Don't know whether it's by design - but, I prefer it this way since I can customize the Active Colors and Attributes .

cheers,
^ _ ^
Battie
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I tried the hyperlink with and without selkecting the text first, neither way populates the target field.

Robert ONeill wrote:
I tried the hyperlink with and without selkecting the text first, neither way populates the target field.
Which version are you running?

cheers,
^ _ ^
Battie

Pages: 1