Pages: 1
RSS
How do you change the default font?, How do you permanently replace Courier New 9 as the DEFAULT when composing an email in html mode?

I cannot see any way to change the default font when composing emails. I really don't want to have to change it for each message, which is an option, but a really annoying and time-wasting one. To be honest, it's getting to be a deal-breaker in my use of The Bat! (And what's galling is that here I can at least use what looks like Arial as a default, even if it is much too small.)

Easy way is to change the template for new mails.
Right click on the Account
Go to Properties (last menu item)
Expand Templates
Click on New Message

Change for HTML format, plain text is Courier

In my antique version 3.64 its under Options | Preferences | Viewer/Editor. Both the plain text and HTML editor can be configured with font type, typesize, etc.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Yes, it sucks.  Took me a LONG time to figure out how to solve.

here is solution, maybe work for you:  https://www.ritlabs.com/en/forums/messages/forum4/topic5379/message44062/#message44062

Oddly,

(now in v7.4.2)

Options > Preferences > View/Editor > Profile Layout > Item = Regular Text

sets HTML default font ... that you can't get rid of in templates (it shows up on empty lines & when you edit !!

hope helpful.

now... HOW TO SET the default "Style:" (Normal/Heading 1/ etc)  to the left of the font in html edit mode ????

The default style will always be 'normal', just as with a word processor and is set similarly. The other style options are there to allow setting of HTML headings (e.g., h1, h2, h3). Since setting such headings are often of a different font, the option is left to you to set, although default is Arial. This feature is rarely used, as most prefer to either send plain text or to use bold text to highlight headings.  Admittedly, TB! is somewhat difficult to learn, but that is because of its many features. Good luck.

david kirk wrote:
The default style will always be 'normal'
Yeah, it's been a while. But the issue still exists.

Unfortunately Normal is not the default style. I set the preference for "regular text" font to Noto Sans, as Stan Mann describes. (Setting a display pref should not affect composition, but it does.) Then I redefine the Normal styleto say "Font: default font + Verdana".

Open a New message and change the layout to HTML Only. The style popup says Normal. Start typing. It's Noto Sans. View the HTML source in Outbox, yep, it specifies Noto Sans.

Or before "start typing", change style to Heading 1 and back to Normal, then type. It's still Noto Sans.

Or just change style to Heading 1 and start typing. (Heading 1 is also defined as Font Verdana.) The style box says Heading 1 but the font box says Noto Sans.

The only way I've found to get the font to obey the style is to select text, change the style, and change back to Normal. Then it's in Verdana.

More generally, it appears that changing the style with no text selected does not change the font.

Edward

I recall an old discussion about a similar subject.. the solution was to use HTML in a quick template and then include that quick template in your regular mail templates. One user commented that it worked for his Font setting.

Link:  https://www.ritlabs.com/en/auth-forums/forum4/topic13528/message46382/#message46382
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

I have found that if you set a specific font for HTML in style that you need to specify 'html code' to activate the html code settings. Otherwise, the default font is used.

david
Pages: 1