Pages: 1
RSS
Colour Code Folders etc

I've had TB for years and I've really only scratched the surface.

Is it possible to change the colour of folders?  I'd like to have TB colour code the open folder to a different colour than it's neighbours.

I find it very difficult to identify which folder is open especially as I have a very long family tree of folders. Certainly if the active folder was; say red when all the others are light blue would be of great help.

Can one change the size of folder icons?  A little larger would help.

Thanks

I'm confused. TB! already highlights the open folder. I am assuming you mean something else. Regarding folder icons, you might want to just increase font size of folders at Options>Preferences>System>Account Tree Font.
david

Thanks, agreed it does show the open folder but it is still very difficult for me to see which one is open.  The small blue closed or open folder icons look almost the same.

Your path Changes the font (if I understand correctly) not the size of the folder.

Preferably I'd like the account tree icons to be say bright yellow but the opened one red. That would make they easier for me to identity.

As I wrote I'm really only scratching the surface with TB.

I'm taking friends out for lunch, so I've got to leave the forum but I'll have a dabble with your patch to see if by changing the font the icon also changes.

Thanks

David Payne wrote:
Thanks, agreed it does show the open folder but it is still very difficult for me to see which one is open.  The small blue closed or open folder icons look almost the same.
Like David Kirk said, the open folder should show highlighted - that is, (on my system) its name is shown in bold white text against a deep blue background, whereas the other folders are plain black against a white background (with the ones containing unread messages shown in boldface). So, it should really stand out regardless of any icons. Could it be that you're using a non-standard Windows color theme?
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
 David  Payne  wrote:
Like David Kirk said, the open folder should show highlighted - that is, (on my system) its name is shown in bold white text against a deep blue background, whereas the other folders are plain black against a white background (with the ones containing unread messages shown in boldface). So, it should really stand out regardless of any icons. Could it be that you're using a non-standard Windows color theme?
Thanks David, indeed when I click a folder it is highlighted in Blue.  When I click that icon it now shows me the emails within that folder.  If I then click on the header of one of the emails within the folder the highlight disappears and there is now very little difference between the open folder and one of its neighbours within the family tree  if you see what I mean?  The open and closed folders are very much alike to me, colouring them would greatly assist me. In my example I'd like it that the open folder was displayed in another colour.  Perhaps others can easily identify the open folder, I find it very difficult.

Thanks again

David Payne wrote:
If I then click on the header of one of the emails within the folder the highlight disappears and there is now very little difference between the open folder and one of its neighbours within the family tree  if you see what I mean?

The blue background changes into light gray at that point, but the gray should still be distinct from the white background surrounding it (are you sure that your monitor's brightness and contrast settings are correct? See www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/ if in doubt).

If you prefer to change the colors, you can actually do so by creating a new color group and, when it's done, assigning it to each account in the tree and to each folder in the accounts. Or simply change the colors of the default color group, but that would change the display of messages as well. See https://www.ritlabs.com/en/support/help/68/#6617 for an explanation.  

The color group editor shows examples of message list entries to illustrate your changes, but the 'Item' names (in the Color & Styles tab of the Edit Color Group dialog) seem to be representative of the folder and account colors as well:

Item "Normal" is applied to non-selected folder/account names that have no unread messages.
Item "Unread" is applied to non-selected folder/account names that do have unread messages.

Item "Selected" is applied to selected folder/account names that have no unread messages.
Item "Selected Unread" is applied to selected folder/account names that do have unread messages.

I hope this helps!
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:

I hope this helps!
It certainly does and a big THANK YOU.

Thus far I had been using Adobe Gamma Monitor (AGM) to automatically load on startup.  It works well with PhotoShop inasmuch as colours on the screen match colours at printout but the profile has never allowed me to see the grey colour on the family tree.

To be honest when you wrote that the folder would turn from blue to grey I thought we must have been talking at cross purposes, even with my magnifying glass I just couldn't see any noticeable change.

I disabled AGM and used the NVIDIA card software to make the changes using Logom.  If PhotoShop printouts look wrong I can always "Switch" between the two or just load AGM.

Thanks once again

I still have some more questions so I'll start a new thread.
Pages: 1