Pages: 1
RSS
Gmail account don't allow delete mail, If I try some emails with client, it delete that mail but it come bag

Hi
I have multiple subfolders on my gmail email account. Sometimes I can't delete email. If I try delete it. It comes back next sync. I use gmail with imap.
when I delete message it disapear that folder and goes trash folder. next sync it disapear trash folder and come back orginal folder. Main inbox folder works correctly.
Edited: Marko Haavisto - 22 August 2018 06:55:22

This is problem
https://ibb.co/m6Y6Se

If I check that box problem occurs. If blank no problem but one additional folder.
Edited: Marko Haavisto - 22 August 2018 07:05:33

Welcome to the forum, Marko.

From my experience, this is a Gmail issue, not a TB! one. There is email - and there is Gmail, which has its own view of how things should work. Gmail creates many folders, some of which can be deleted. For my own use, I was partially successful by first ensuring there was mail on an inbox, set folder and trash folder. Then I deleted everything else and shut TB! down. On restart, a couple of folders reappeared, but most did not. It's all blue smoke, so I can't say why it worked. You might also try saving Sent mail to the sent folder, not the gmail/sent folder and set trash to trash, not Gmail/trash. My guess is you have both options available. And that may not accomplish anything. I also have experienced mail being trashed and reappearing, but not in recent months. Does any of this help? It's like baying at the moon when dealing with Gmail. For what it's worth, that plethora of mail folders appears on other email clients, too. Good luck
david .

Hi, you could try " [Google Mail]/Trash ", either typing it or choosing it from the dropdown list. This is how I have it set up and it works fine.  
Edited: Chip96 - 22 August 2018 23:52:50

Hi
Thank you everybody. There is no problem if I don't use pre-defined folders. Every think works great then. If I use e.g. pre-defined trash folder I can't delete messages from subfolders. Every message come back. This is not major problem because I can be don't use that feature. Then I have couple extra folder, that not big issue. I try use predefined folders because otherwise I have two sent folder and two trash folder. It's annoying but I can handle it :D

I think this is gmail problem not The Bat! which is great client.

Sorry my bad english...

Have you tried what I suggested above?

Yes but it won't help. It works while and then problem occurs again.
Pages: 1