Pages: 1
RSS
Character set options?

I tried to find figure this out by myself but then I figured it's best to ask someone who already knows. My problem is:

Each time I write an email, the default character set is used and if I want to change it to Western European [ISO], I have to click on the bottom tab and do it by hand. It's like that for all of my four mailboxes I have configured on The Bat!.

Is there a global setting that would force all accounts to use Western European [ISO] character set in Plain Text [MicoEd] mode? I tried to find a way of configuring it, but now I just give up.

Plain Text [MicroEd] + Western European [ISO] is basically what I use for 95% of my emails and I'd like to have all accounts set to that by default.

Thank you for any help.

this setting is account related, You can select default charset for every account in account properties.

Where do I fint the configuration option for this? I couldn't spot it anywhere. The only thing remotely related to character encoding is the "Transfer encoding for non-ASCII characters" option in the mail management tab.

P.S. - I just found one other option. When I right-click on the sections of my mailbox [outbox, sent mail, etc.] there is an option to choose the character set, but this doesn't change the character set I'm stuck with when I'm composing a new message.

Could you please be more specific with what has to be changed to make every new message use the character set of my choice?
Edited: Morden - 18 December 2008 09:40:12

check Templates | New message section  

You can put something like this

%CHARSET="iso-8859-1"

at the end of your new message and reply templates. Then the specified charset will be used regardless of other settings, and for replies regardless of original message charset.  

I went to Templates / New message ans specified the character set there. Everything works just fine now. Thanks for all the help. I've been trying to figure this out for ages!

Rather than start a new topic I think that this one is appropriate enough :)

I am using TB3.99.29 and have the following problem:

There are a few Quick Templates I use and they appear OK in the outgoing e-mails BUT with a smaller font-size than the default I use for my emails (Times New Roman 14)and also in a gray font colour whereas the email is default black.

This happened after re-installing TB3.99.29 when the upgrade to TB4.1.x was problematic.

Any ideas on getting my templates (used as signatures) to appear normal?
Pages: 1