Pages: 1
RSS
Problem Upgrade v4.2.38.4 to v4.2.38.6, How to?

Yesterday I upgrade to v4.2.38.4, and now I see the v4.2.38.6.

I try to update to the new version, but say need to uninstall v4.2.38.4  

It?s this normal?

Any other option to upgrade v4.2.38.6 without uninstall completely v4.2.38.4?

Thanks

Regards

I have exactly the same problem!

Carlos Oliveros wrote:
Yesterday I upgrade to v4.2.38.4, and now I see the v4.2.38.6.

I try to update to the new version, but say need to uninstall v4.2.38.4

It?s this normal?

Any other option to upgrade v4.2.38.6 without uninstall completely v4.2.38.4?

Thanks

Regards

You have to uninstall v4.2.38.4 first, but your license key etc should all remain intact

But if I uninstall 4.2.38, will my e-mails remain intact?

Backup the data directory - copy to the desktop or somewhere, just to be safe. Assuming a Windows machine, the data directory is @ "C:\Documents and Settings\Rick\Application Data\The Bat!" Rick being MY login name
Next, from regedit, export the key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RIT"

Now you can uninstall and reinstall with the full knowledge that you can restore your data and the registry entries if need be. I doubt if you will need it though. I have made two reinstall upgrades this week and have had no problems at all. 8)

You have to uninstall the old version and install the new version, because the windows installer sees both versions as 4.2.38
Uninstalling only deletes the program, it doesn't delete the user data. So your message base, address book, templates and other settings should remain untouched. But I've heard from a reliable source that it never hurts to make a backup, so you could make a backup before uninstalling.

Although I have had to uninstall with SOME previous updates, this is not always the case.

I have just upgraded from v4.2.38.4 to v4.2.38.6. and no uninstall was required.

All my data, emails etc were preserved and the new version works just fine.  :)

In short: an uninstall may not be required every time BUT as Roelof says "I've heard from a reliable source that it never hurts to make a backup, so you could make a backup before uninstalling"  OR upgrading

I just upgraded without any problem.

I did not uninstall it, just ran the installer and it works fine.

The about us page shows, the license is valid till 5.0.99
Edited: Ajn Biz - 23 December 2010 21:48:34
Pages: 1