Pages: 1
RSS
Do not Download Filter

Is following possible?

I want to create a blacklist group in address book and then I wish to create a filter that checks sender in blacklist group and if sender is found in blacklist, Bat should not download email on my system instead delete that mail on server as well.

I created blacklist group and even created filter to delete the mail on server. However when applying filter bat download the email and then delete it on server. I dont want that email to be downloaded on my system.

Any expert advice?????

Thanks
Edited: John Matt - 31 March 2014 18:46:27

Have you looked at the "selective Download" option ?

"Selective Download lets you filter messages on their headers only. The Bat! will download only the headers, process them through your set filters and then download (or not) only messages meeting your filter criteria. "

John Matt wrote:
I created blacklist group and even created filter to delete the mail on server. I dont want that email to be downloaded on my system.
I use a standalone program, MailWasher for the same - it's available both, as a Freeware & Shareware. ;)

cheers,
^ _ ^
Battie
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows 8.1 Update (64-bit, Pro) | The Bat! Pro 6.3.2 (POP3) | MailWasher Pro 7.3.0 (Beta)

Even I do have mailwasher pro licensed. but why should i use two prog for emails...I didnt like the concept of mailwasher....I would like to see mailwasher as a complete email client...not just filtering spam..... may be i didnt understood mailwasher

For Selective download ..i will have to manually select blacklisted mails to delete....i dont know if filters will work that way....I can create a common filter for all incoming while for selective email i have to select mails for every pop3...

any advice would be helpful.
Edited: John Matt - 18 April 2014 17:59:21

John Matt wrote:
Even I do have mailwasher pro licensed. but why should i use two prog for emails.
Congrats - BTW, I'm using both and it's not like using 2 programs for e-mails (both these programs are completely different in their purpose & function.)

John Matt wrote:
I would like to see mailwasher as a complete email client...not just filtering spam...

Personally, I wouldn't like to see MailWasher as a complete e-mail client - The Bat! is more than sufficient for that.

I'm glad I have a dedicated, standalone program in MailWasher for my SPAM filtering.

cheers,
^ _ ^
Battie
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows 8.1 Update (64-bit, Pro) | The Bat! Pro 6.3.2 (POP3) | MailWasher Pro 7.3.0 (Beta)

I suggest Choicemail. I've relied on this program to guard my Inbox for over 20 years. Free if you only monitor one email box. Nominal fee if you monitor multiple email addresses. Can do both Whitelist and Blacklist plus heuristics to filter out common spam.

http://www.digiportal.com/

Bob Huddleston
Mt Pleasant, SC

Regarding Choicemail. It only works on POP3. It cannot help with IMAP spam filtering. You will have to rely on your vendor or TB filters to "clean up the mess".
Pages: 1