Pages: 1
RSS
Automatically checking for duplicates on downloading new mail

Hi, I'd be grateful for any suggestions and advice - thank you!

For esoteric technical reasons, I get three copies of every email sent out by a mailing list. The three emails are identical with the exception that two have extra signatures on the bottom and the file sizes are slightly different; I think the headers vary slightly. The Message ID is identical between them; as is the primary content of the email (bar the signature), the sender, recipients, subject etc.

What I would like is to create a filter that removes the duplicates such that the others are deleted (or, until I am confident I've got it right, are syphoned off into a separate folder.) I've read the help documentation, online pages about The Bat's filtering and this forum but I currently don't know how to approach this problem.

Thank you

Are those additional signatures identical for all extra messages? In that case you filter on the contents of the signatures. After all, they're part of the message body.
You mention additional headers, any special fields in those? Thaty would be another option for filtering.