Pages: 1
RSS
Macro for memo field?

I would like to be able to set up a filter to export a message's memo to a file. According to this post:
http://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/news_detail.php?ID=2534&sphrase_id=157792
There was a macro called %MEMO added back in version 4.0.24. However, this macro does not show up anywhere in the dropdown menus, nor in the help (though the help file is hardly an indicator of current version features) and adding it by hand to a template does not seem to work- if I specify a line containing "%MEMO", I wind up with a blank line in the output file, even though there is text in the memo for that message.

Has this feature been removed? Am I misunderstanding how to do this? I can get other macros to write out successfully.

I just tested it for the latest (alpha) version. (because that's what I'm running right now)
I put the %Memo macro (macro names aren't case sensitive, so upper case doesn't matter) in a reply template and it put the contents of my memo field in the reply. So my guess is that it should work for you.
What version are you using?

Interesting. I am using Pro 5.0.20.1 right now. After your response, I tried using it in a reply template, and I found that it works there, just not in an export filter. If I create a reply filter as follows:

=============
%ODateEn, %OTimeLongEn, %OFromFName wrote:
%Quotes
----
%MEMO
=============

I can see the memo appended to the end when I go to reply. But if I paste the very same text into the template for a filter that exports the message to a text file, the rest of the macros fill in the appropriate data, but the %MEMO macro simply exports a blank line.

On trying that I get the same, I guess it's a bug