Pages: 1
RSS
Is there an easy way to delete ALL templates?

Is there an easy way to delete ALL templates?

I wish to reset all my templates to only have ONE master template that covers all my emails across different folders.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Also, I seem unable to permanently change any template from bold to normal text. I can happily change colour, font etc, but they always return as Bold.

I think no

My general experience with TheBat! is that once you've created something (template, custom tag, etc.) deleting it is either very difficult or impossible.

This really sucks. I have experience the same problem with templates and tags, and just can't get rid of them. I think that problem is tied to the overall design philosophy, which isn't really user friendly. I use many modern apps for all sorts of tasks, and the general trend of modern UIs is to simplify customization via a unified interface and external text-based configurations (JSON, YAML, etc.). TheBat! uses lots of dialog windows to control settings, with some setting being accessible from multiple menus (and often not well integrated). I think that the whole settings system should be simplified by exposing all settings in human readable text files, which can be easily edited and manually backed up — instead of having monolithic backups that rely on binary settings in proprietary file formats.

For some hints about resetting folder templates to their default, see:

https://www.ritlabs.com/en/auth-forums/forum6/topic12876/message44862/#message44862
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.
Pages: 1