Pages: 1
RSS
BUG: image in quick template (html)

I insert an image into a quick template in HTML format.

When I open an email with this quick template the image is visible.

When I open an email with the standard template and then insert the quick template into the email then the text is visible (with HTML formatting) but the image is not visible!

Thebat 4.1.11

Emile

copy image to clipboard and paste it to template in Quick templates editor.

I did exactly that.

Emile

Let's face it:
The html template function does work for 50%. In the preview it looks OK, but when used in a message images and fonts (Arial becomes Times) are ignored, so it's quite useless as a html template, let alone a 'quick' html template. :( Still have to paste my signature from out of a parked message in the outbox.
The developers of TB must really dislike html...

I agree: The developers of TB must really dislike html...

Nowadays HTML in mails is really normal.

An expert emailprogram (I think that is what TheBat wants to be) should also have the possibility to edit the HTML source of an email (and of templates of course).

eppo schaap writes:
In the preview it looks OK, but when used in a message images and fonts (Arial becomes Times) are ignored, so it's quite useless as a html template, let alone a 'quick' html template.

It took me a while but I figured out how to get HTML Quick Templates that contain images and fonts to work.  The trick is to change the default message format to HTML.  This is done from here:

Options -> Preferences -> Viewer/Editor -> Default message text editor: HTML with alternative plain text part

After changing the default format, it works perfectly for me. By the way, I am using version 4.2.9.1
Edited: Michael Frantz - 16 August 2009 12:43:56
Pages: 1