New bugs in v6.0

Associations are broken again in v6.0.0.28:

At first launch:
http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/b493/gm5h8d4zr99f2vm6g.jpg

When setting preferences:
http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/7daa/2td41tfqxb1adt26g.jpg

(Clean install / WinXP32,SP3)
Edited: Tomaso - 17 November 2013 13:22:16

In v6.0.4 the error message regarding associations doesn't pop up at first launch anymore.
It still happens from the preferences windows though.

Also, there's a new bug introduced in v6.0.4..
If I open the preferences window (even without changing anything), I get this error message whenever I close the program:
http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/2e8e/c4ic8ziwa43edfz6g.jpg

Edited: Tomaso - 17 November 2013 13:24:42

Tomaso wrote:
Also, there's a new bug introduced in v6.0.4..
If I open the preferences window (even without changing anything), I get this error message whenever I close the program:
http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/2e8e/c4ic8ziwa43edfz6g.jpg

Hi Tomaso,

I'm not seeing that particular error on Windows 8.1 - hope they resolve this bug for the sake of XP users.

cheers,
^ _ ^
Battie
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows 8 Pro (64-bit) | The Bat! Pro 6.0.4 | MailWasher Pro 7.3.0 (Beta)

The same probem: XP SP3 cannot register and crash, on 7 64b only crash (both systems up-to-date). C'mon people, You dont test software on two often used systems?

New version and AGAIN new bugs, it becomes ridiculous!
Edited: Galnospoke - 18 November 2013 17:43:17

Galnospoke wrote:
The same probem: XP SP3 cannot register and crash, on 7 64b only crash (both systems up-to-date). C'mon people, You dont test software on two often used systems?

New version and AGAIN new bugs, it becomes ridiculous!

Even worse, this is pretty much the same problems that pestered the v5.0 release:
http://www.ritlabs.com/en/forums/messages/forum4/topic9914/message32948/#message32948/
..You should think that they had learned their lesson by now.
Edited: Tomaso - 18 November 2013 19:01:50

In v6.0.6 I can enter and exit the preferences window without triggering the associations error.
..But only if I stay away from the "Applications" sub menu.
If I even look at that window, the error pops up on exit.
Also, the access violation message that I described in post #2 still pops up when I close The Bat! afterwards.

Another bug that I've noticed in v6.0.x is that the message export window doesn't close by itself anymore.
It stays on the screen until I hit a random key on my keyboard, or until I bring The Bat! out of focus:
http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/c38b/5n2q24ep88e3kmn6g.jpg
Again, a very similar bug was introduced, but later fixed, in v5.0:
http://www.ritlabs.com/en/forums/messages/forum4/topic9914/message33005/#message33005

Option "paste formatted" don't work in The Bat! 6.0.6

Piotr P wrote:

I've never used that function myself, so I'm not sure, but are you talking about a function that's been removed from the context menu?
Perhaps this is what you're looking for (works for me):
1) Go to 'Options' > 'Preferences' > 'Viewer/Editor' > 'Default editor for text'.
2) Choose either "HTML with alternative plain text part" or "HTML only", then click "OK".
3) Click "Create a new message".
4) Right-click and choose "Paste" to paste as formatted, or "Paste as plain text" to paste as non-formatted.
Edited: Tomaso - 23 November 2013 22:46:33

Piotr P wrote:
I recollect seeing that issue - seems to be resolved with the 6.0.6.1 ;)

cheers,
^ _ ^
Battie
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows 8.1 Pro (64-bit) | The Bat! Pro 6.0.6.1 | MailWasher Pro 7.3.0 (Beta)

At least with v6.0.8, I don't get the access violation message when closing the program anymore.
The problems with associations and message export are still unfixed though.

Unfortunatelly, this seems to be almost like RitLabs' trademark..
The most obvious bugs just remains unfixed, release after release! :(

--

EDIT:
Bugs still not fixed in v6.0.10.
Edited: Tomaso - 28 November 2013 16:26:59

Tomaso wrote:
The problems with associations and message export are still unfixed though.
I return to 4.x and dont care about new versions. No fun, no money RitLabs.

Bye.

In all versions 6.0.x you can't send signed/encrypted messages with Gpg4win / GnuPG.
You get always an error "Class TRichEdit not found".

Using version 5.8.8 there are no problems!!

Now I also get this error, whenever I close The Bat! after having looked at my Account Properties:
https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/cf3a/w507x2a3hqrib246g.jpg

With v6.0.12, the 6.0 branch is finally starting to behave a bit better under WinXP:

* Association bugs = Fixed.
* Access violation at program exit, after accessing Preferences = Fixed.
* Message export window not closing by itself = NOT FIXED!
* "List index out of bonds (1)" error at program exit, after accessing Account Properties = NOT FIXED!

Also, it was nice of them to fix the GUI problem with "wrong configuration panel view in vertical layout"..
I actually noticed this in v6.0.0.28, but I didn't even bother to mention it, because I never though that they would fix it anyway.

Was having association bug in 5.8.8 which didn't seem to be connected with any TB! upgrade. Was recommended by technical support to uninstall and install the latest (6.0.12). But this didn't help.
And now it's crashing when I close the program.

The OS is Windows 7 64-bit.

I have to say that I'm getting a bit fed up with TB!:cry:
Peter

Well, I'm impressed! :)

In v6.1.2.2:
* Association bugs = Fixed.
* Access violation at program exit, after accessing Preferences = Fixed.
* Message export window not closing by itself = Fixed.
* "List index out of bonds (1)" error at program exit, after accessing Account Properties = Fixed.

..Now there's only one thing left that's really bothering me in The Bat!..
This particular issue isn't limited to v6.x though, because I decribed it here over a year ago (screenshot 2 and 3):
http://www.ritlabs.com/en/forums/messages/forum4/topic10624/message35059/#message35059/
I've really had it with those warning messages!

--

EDIT:
Well, what do you know..
I actually found a workaround for those warning messages just now:
By changing the HTML viewer from the default "Use system's HTML viewer (beta)" to "Use The Bat!'s viewer", the messages disappeared! :)
(Options > Preferences > Viewer/Editor > HTML Viewer)

Since the system's HTML viewer function is labeled as BETA, why this enabled by default?
Edited: Tomaso - 19 December 2013 00:01:00

I've been having problems since the first 6.x installation with TheBat Pro frequently terminating and restarting.
I tried reverting to 5.8.8, but the problem persisted.  I suspect 6.x has miswritten something somewhere that causes both 5.8.8 and 6.x to crash.

New with 6.1.2 is that my POP3 & SMTP mail stopped working.  Reverting to 6.0.12 fixed that.

I agree with others that the new release is more fragile than 5.x, but the new functionality and fixes are useful.

@ Al Dunsmuir; Try performing a clean install of the latest version:

1) Select and export the messages that you want to keep (Tools > Export messages to > UNIX Mailbox).
2) Make sure that TheBat.exe isn't running, then uninstall the program.
3) Reboot you computer.
4) Delete these folders (if they still exist):
C:\Program Files\The Bat! (or its equivalent on newer Windows versions).
C:\Documents and Settings\*****\Application Data\The Bat! (or its equivalent on newer Windows versions).
5) Delete this reg. string (if it still exists):
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RIT
6) Install the latest version of The Bat!
7) Import the messages that you exported, into their desired folders (Tools > Import messages > Fr om UNIX-mailboxes).
Edited: Tomaso - 20 December 2013 23:55:01

The latest 6.1.4 release still fails TLS signon. Reverting to 6.0.12 works OK (while putting up with the frequent terminations and restarts).

Sympatico.ca is hosted by Microsoft's Hotmail.com service, so I'm rather shocked that no one else is experiencing issues.  

I've opened separate problem reports for both issues.   While I was at it, I opened another defect noting the English "New Ticket" page title is not English but "Новое обращение".  It's just another issue that contributes to the impression that changes in general are not being thoroughly reviewed.

Since I'm going to have to reinstall 6.0.12 again to get mail working, I'm going to try a clean install of 6.1.4 again using your approach.  By the way, I'm running on Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit.

I also have many filters for mailing lists (specials) - how do I export and import those?
- OK... answered in another Forum - copy account.srb
Edited: Al Dunsmuir - 21 December 2013 06:36:07

Another small bug that I just noticed:
When pasting a link in a new mail message, a space automatically gets created behind it.
This would be OK I guess, if the purpose was to automatically create a hyperlink, but this isn't the case.
Also, if you press enter afterwards, to move the marker to the next line, the space actually becomes a part of the link.

--

EDIT:
It doesn't happen when you're using the default editor, which is "Plain Text (MicroEd)", but it happens with all the other editors.
Only the "Plain Text (Windows)" editor, which I'm using, seems to be affected by the hyperlink part of the issue.
(Options > Preferences > Viewer/Editor > Default editor for text)
Edited: Tomaso - 21 December 2013 10:57:13

I am using Windows 7 Pro 6-bit and The Bat 6.2.2.

When I click the HTML tab at the bottom of the screen to see one message using HTML, there is an icon at the far right at the top of the message including an exclamation mark on a yellow circle. This icon has a drop-down list on its right which lets me allow one (or more) whole Web site's images to be downloaded automatically.

In v5, you used to be able to right-click this same icon to see all the images available in the message to download, download them selectively, create a rule selectively for such downloads and other useful stuff.

In v6, this dialog is now much less accessible as you need to use :
Options-> Preferences-> Viewer/Editor-> HTML Viewer THEN click the Configure... button (if set to Configured (reject unknown) (?) to see the same information and selectively permit image downloads now and in the future.

Please could you restore the v5 way of doing this by right-clicking the icon while displaying the message, whether or not the Options dialog method is retained or not?

If I have misunderstood and there is an easy of reaching this dialog, please inform me.

By the way, the Help file I have looks out of date and I don't see a download to update this.

Thank you for your help,

Hugh
Pages: 1