Pages: 1
RSS
Doesn't start anymore after upgrade, Depicted duplicated handle NULL. Overwrite ?

I just installed the new v6 version over my v5.8.

I hit a snag: I can't launch v6, I keep in a loop when starting with a message saying "Depicted duplicated handle NULL. Overwrite ?". I answer a zillon times ok then cancel but no way. The only solution is killing the task from Windows Task Manager.

See pic here

My note is running W7 Pro, English, 64bits.

What happens if you click 'Cancel,' instead?

cheers,
^ _ ^
Battie
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows 8.1 Pro (64-bit) | The Bat! Pro 6.0.12.0 | MailWasher Pro 7.3.0 (Beta)

Clicking ok or cancel does the same: nothing

Try this:
Go to your Mail Data folder and clear out the cache (clear out imgfiles while you are at it)
Then open the program folder and run the bat as Administrator and if that does it, great! If not go to the mail data folder and search all folders for
MESSAGES.BC?;MESSAGES.BK?;MESSAGES.IB?;part????.bin;*.tmp
(If you are using encryption their will be different file endings)
Clean out THOSE and again, start as admin.
Please let us know how it goes
If all that strikes you as a bold move, zip or copy your data directory somewhere so you can restore it

1) I have got about 25 different mail boxes.
2) When you're saying  "Go to your Mail Data folder and clear out the cache" under which name is the cache found ?
3) Right clicking TheBat I don't have the "Run as Administrador" option !! Strange see http://www.corobori.com/sos/TheBatAdmin.png the "Run as... " is for the Notepad (and any other program) less TheBat !
Edited: Jean-Luc Praz - 12 December 2013 19:12:45

Jean-Luc Praz wrote:
2) When you're saying "Go to your Mail Data folder and clear out the cache" under which name is the cache found ?
C:\Users\YourProfile\AppData\Roaming\The Bat! Pwd\cache

cheers,
^ _ ^
Battie
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jean-Luc Praz wrote:
3) Right clicking TheBat I don't have the "Run as Administrador" option !! Strange see http://www.corobori.com/sos/TheBatAdmin.png the "Run as... " is for the Notepad (and any other program) less TheBat !

http://i.imgur.com/3aelzFu.png

cheers,
^ _ ^
Battie

Battie wrote:
Jean-Luc Praz wrote:
2) When you're saying "Go to your Mail Data folder and clear out the cache" under which name is the cache found ?
C:\Users\ YourProfile \AppData\Roaming\The Bat! Pwd\cache

cheers,
^ _ ^
Battie
It sounds like something went wrong when installing (the install process didn't send an error message) because in my c:\users folder I don't find any folder containing the word "TheBat"; I both checked it manually and by searching.

See http://www.corobori.com/sos/TheBatFolder.png
Edited: Jean-Luc Praz - 12 December 2013 19:32:37

In case you (or someone else) have/has not changed the default path to the data directory to some other location - I'd suggest a re-install.

cheers,
^ _ ^
Battie

I installed V6 above the existing V5.8 perhaps it wasn't the way to go.

I, too performed an over-install (V6 right on top of my V5) - without any issue, though.

Maybe your security system zapped the installation - while under process.

cheers,
^ _ ^
Battie

Duno Battie but as I really needed to get my email working I just performed a system restore and I am back to V5.8. As I am planning to reinstall my notebook soon I won't try installing V6 as of now, I'll be waiting to get a clean OS to install it from scratch. Thanks for your help anyway.
Pages: 1