Pages: 1
RSS
Common Inbox, use one inbox for all accounts

Is there a way to have only one Inbox, Trash, Sent, etc. for multiple email accounts.  I check at least four email accounts and I would like to have everything in one location.

Yes. I have one set up for my Inbox, Trash, Junk, and Sent. I did it by setting up a Virtual Common folder and selecting the appropriate folders under Select Folder at the bottom of the setup box. I then moved to the top of the Folder pane for easy access.

I don't know if there is a performance issue as far as number of folders/emails as I archive my inboxes every 45 days so if you have inboxes with lots of emails it may slow things down. Someone else may be able to warn you of this.

Thank you.  I took your advice and set up a common folder for trash for all four accounts.  I will see how that works before I do any more, but you have done exactly what I wanted to do.

I use a virtual folder to view all the trash folders. It makes it a snap to clean up at night

Larry - you can set up the archiving by account in account properties. When it hits the 45 day mark it will be moved to a folder of your choice UNLESS you have parked it

Thanks Rick. I know that and have it set to also make sure it doesn't archive certain tags and flagged.

However, I've decided to not archive so often since the search is so fast and my virtual folder doesn't seem impacted. I think I'll wait for 90 days now.

39740 wrote:
Yes. I have one set up for my Inbox, Trash, Junk, and Sent. I did it by setting up a Virtual Common folder and selecting the appropriate folders under Sel ect Folder at the bottom of the setup box. I then moved to the top of the Folder pane for easy access.
I am moving fr om a very flaky POCOMAIL to TheBat, but want to keep it as similar to what I am used to. In this respect I also  want to simply keep one INBOX, one SENT and one TRASH folder for all accounts. I can't seem to understand the above post, and it doesn't seem to work for me (I am obviously doing something wrong). Any further help much appreciated.... Cheers.

You can do that but try a common virtual folder and call it "common Inbox" THen go to the folder properties and on the bottom left is a button to choose folders. Go in an put a check on every inbox. Save and exit and it will populate with all your inbox mails fr om all accounts (and if you reply from the common folder it will respect the account settings wh ere it actually resides

Let it sink in how powerful that is then remember you can make a virtual folder for almost any criteria

I have common inbox, trash and sent to expedite cleanup at night. I also have some that filter certain color group and tags so I can view and sort them the way I want without affecting the original data

Thanks Rick...I think I am getting the hang of it.

On to a different subject: If I were to import messages from Pocomail (stored as EML files), can I somehow strip the attachments, and store them all in the same folder? Just like POCOMAIL did?
I see there's an option for: "KEEP ATTACHMENT FILES: SEPARATELY IN A SPECIAL FOLDER".
How can I "strip" the attachments out to that folder for messages that I have imported?
Cheers.

Not that I am aware of - I think you will break the link
This guy makes some excellent converters - you might take a look and see if his converters will work for you
http://www.processtext.com/index.html
Pages: 1