Pages: 1
RSS
UI/UX related suggestions for The Bat!, Some UI/UX related suggestions for The Bat!

When the major version 7 came out I expected some UI changes. But there were no major changes in the design or rather no changes. I would like to suggest a few UI related upgraded. A more responsive windows. The items of the columns could be made compact like the mail list menu , Postbox client is running. They have done quite a good job with the UI while maintaining the classic look. Those who opt for all columns are going to have to do lot of horizontal scrolling. More modern looking icons which looks good in high DPI screens would be better. A side bar with two windows .. one listing the email accounts and other displaying the folders of the account. The new client in scene , Nylas N1 has done a good job. I am referring to third party clients to give a better understanding in what I mean. These UI changes can increase the productivity of The Bat! to great extend. While you are focused to extend the fuctionality and core of the great client, please try to give some time to the UI too.. And then no other client can stand up to The Bat!  .. Long live The Bat!
Edited: Chris Dino - 29 January 2016 20:05:37

Also please upgrade the inbuilt html viewer to support latest html technologies

If I were you I would not expect it before version 11.x. No offence, but It's the only app I know, loved and used by thousands, pricey, developed for so many years with almost no changes, and which has the same bugs and even more and more bugs every released version, utterly like a beginning programmers would create it part time job  ;) TB! is a world-wide phenomenon.

Will come back and take a look at v11 then :p

There are two of us then;)

Functionality does come above user experience. But cant stand this dated an UI/UX. There are better options out there like Postbox and Nylas N1 who balance both fucntionality and UX.

Maybe they wont bring any changes soon. But its users like us who make the devs realize what they are doing is suicide. :p
Edited: Chris Dino - 02 August 2016 07:45:30
Pages: 1