Pages: 1
RSS
Can't get filters to work, Filter problem

I was wondering if anyone could help.

I have created a couple simple filters to move messages to different folders however they don't seem to be working right.

If you put a filter in the "Common" section does that mean it will filter any msg that comes thru from any email address as long as u "share" that common filter with all the accounts?

And yes they are marked as active.

tx,
sl22

If you put a filter in the "Common" section does that mean it will filter any msg that comes thru from any email address as long as u "share" that common filter with all the accounts?

That's what the common filters should do. You can use 'Copy' from the right click context menu to copy the filter and paste it in here to let us see what the filter looks like and maybe suggest some ideas to help get it working.
iviarck

Thanks Marck,

I figured it out. I had conflicting filters in the separate account filters that I deleted and then put the filters in the Common section. they now work.

I do have a question tho.

If you have a Common filter but don't check ANY of the accounts under Sharing would that filter still execute?
I don't really understand how the "Sharing" works.
I think that the filter would only be executed if the common filter was checked under the appropriate account in Sharing AND the message was downloaded from that particular account.
Is that right?

sl22

I think that the filter would only be executed if the common filter was checked under the appropriate account in Sharing AND the message was downloaded from that particular account.
Is that right?

In a word - yes. Messages always arrive into an inbox for a specific account. The filtering process passes the message through any common filters selected for use with that account and then through the account specific filters.
iviarck
Pages: 1