Pages: 1
RSS
filters stop during power mgm't / sleep state

Filters work fine when a screen saver is enabled but not when the monitors go to sleep (power saving mode).  Is there any way around this?

My client is running The Bat v3.64.01.  We're only using the simplest mode of power savings (S1); *only* the monitors turn off (hard disks continue running, network connections stay up, and the system never goes into standby mode).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Can this be reproduced? I've never seen this myself and I often keep TB running while I'm away from my system and my monitors turn off too and not the drive.

Is it one filter that stops functioning or are there more filters. Are you sure it isn't a case of (a) message(s) not meeting the filter conditions even though it looks like it/they should?
Is it for one mail account or for more?

Yep, all filters worked just prior to enabling power saving but stop right after re-enabling it.  Disabling power saving once again allows them to function.

I used to use the "when screen saver is active" condition but have since replaced it with "Any message" as the condition for testing.

The action is to forward the message to another email account, but nothing appears in the sent folder when I believe it should've been triggered.  The odd thing is, the instant it comes out of power saving, the filter kicks in and forwards the message.

moz

Well, after much messing around, I was able to get it filtering.  Not sure why it suddenly started working, as all I did was fiddle with the wait times on the screen saver, power management, and the original filter's conditions.

Incidentally, if power saving kicks in before the screen saver, the screen saver never actually executes.. so the "while screen saver is active" condition in TB obviously won't be true.. mind you, that wasn't the reason for the problem.   :o  *shrug*

One last question, since I just added another filter: if a "Delete message" action is used in a filter for "Outgoing mail", does that apply to just the Sent folder, or also the Outbox folder?  ie. if it immediately deletes an Outbox message before it hits the Sent folder, would that prevent a message from being sent to the server?

moz

One last question, since I just added another filter: if a "Delete message" action is used in a filter for "Outgoing mail",
This means the message will be deleted after it has been sent. TB won't filter message not yet sent.

I see, thanks for clarifying that.  Now, any idea how I might get around the power saving problem?  I'd like to have TB forward any new message when I'm not around -- it was convenient when I could use the "when screen saver is active" condition.

moz

Is there any way to detect whether TB is minimized and use as a condition for a filter?  I noticed "Additional Params" as a condition but I'm not sure how I'd use that..

moz

It isn't possible to check in a filter whether TB is minimized.

"Additional parameters" is supposed to interact with the "Set user parameter" when you've used that in another filter.

Ah, ok..well, looks like I'll just have to send every message then, no conditions.  :(

Thanks for your help.

Pages: 1