Pages: 1
RSS
Subfilters, How do Subfilters work?

I have noticed that if you have mutliple email accounts, it becomes possible to set up subfilters.  How do these filters work, and how do they react with the filters they are under?

They're possible too when you've got just one account. (Like me)

They can only be triggered by messages that have triggered their parent filters. So when a message doesn't interact with the parent filter, the subfilter won't do anything either, no matter how perfect they match.

Thanks, That helps a lot, and I have other questions.  Which actions are taken first: the parents or the subfilters?  Is it possible to copy and paste the subfilters with their parent filters?  If you click the "continue processing with other filters" will it skip over the subfilters?

The parents are executed first, the sub filter afterwards.

Yes, you can copy the entire tree, by selecting the parent message and pressing <Ctrl><Shift><C> or by means of the right mouse button and select 'Copy tree', though I don't know whether that's available yet in the public release (3.0) or whether that's still a beta feature. (I recall a time it wasn't possible)

When will this update come out?  Right now there seems to be no way to copy filters with their subfilters.

Don't know.
It's a tad cruel to say, but I guess "When it's ready"

In the beta testing there are still some issues to be solved, but it's improving steadily.

What effect does "Continue processing filters" option do in relation to filters and subfilters?

"Continue processing" on a parent filter doesn't mean anything for a subfilter. Subfilters are let loose on the messages processed by their parent filters.

"continue processing with other filters" means that the message can be processed by filters on the same level.
So when you set it for a filter, other filters can process the message too (until it runs into a filter that hasn't that option)
When you set it for a subfilter, the message can be processed by another subfilter of the same parent.