Pages: 1
RSS
How to find templates om hardrive from crashed PC, I need to find the quick templates on an hard drive from a crashed pc, I can only explore with an USB access

Hello,

I have quite a lot of quick templates (forms and text snippets) of which my backup is not extremely recent.

I can access the old hard drive only with a USB connection, I have found the location of the Bat! program, but I don't know how I could save the quick templates? Are they stored soemwhere outside of The Bat! program?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Andrzej

Quick templates are stored in the mail directory.
They're stored in the account.qtb files (account.qtn in olders versions) that can be found in every account directory.
Every account has its own directory in the mail directory.

You can also restore everything by compying the old mail directory to the new computer and create every account with the samne name.

Ok, but where is this when exploring the hard drive I can not start The bat on that hard drive? Say the hard drive is "C". I can not load the but I can only browse the hard drive with another system. I did find the "The Bat" directory (C/program files/the bat) but I did not find any qtb nor qtn files.  Where is the mail directory?

The default location for the mail directory is %appdata%/The Bat!
That should look like users/username/appdata/The Bat!