Pages: 1
RSS
doomsday version 11.0.3.1

This version crashes at the first interaction (any Reply, Fwd or New).
The window opens and then freezes forever.

All recent versions are more or less unstable.

I'm so tired of this. Back in the years (WinXP-era) TheBat was really good.
Sorry guys, I really dont have time to close thebat.exe and restarting computers.

I don't have such behaviour. Try to downgrade to 10-5-4
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

Try disabling the indexer (Preferences -> General) and use the classic preview pane (Preferences -> Viewer/Editor). That conversation view is nothing but trouble.

I don't know if it helps, but... on wired network (FTP cable) it works perfect. When on wifi, it freezes :-)
It maybe a windows/network issue.

Ciprian Furtuna wrote:
I don't know if it helps, but... on wired network (FTP cable) it works perfect. When on wifi, it freezes It maybe a windows/network issue.

It shouldn't freeze or crash because of a flaky connection. Are you using IMAP?

I'm using 6 accounts, 2 of them are POP3, 4 are IMAPs. So far, this things are happening:

- wired network: in rare cases, it freezes when the reply / forward email contains a download link fr om onedrive (google drive and wetransfer are ok). This seems to be solved after some TheBat update.

- on wifi: always freezing when a compose window appears (new mail / reply / forward), have to close it from task manager

Playing around with antivirus and editor settings did not make a change. I'm curious to investigate the reason, no clue wh ere to begin :))

Ciprian Furtuna wrote:
- on wifi: always freezing when a compose window appears (new mail / reply / forward), have to close it from task manager
Just for IMAP accounts or also for POP3?

Ciprian Furtuna wrote:
Playing around with antivirus and editor settings did not make a change. I'm curious to investigate the reason, no clue wh ere to begin )
What I would try first is boot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking and run TB from there, to eliminate all possible interference with other programs.

Also, you can try disabling automatic connection to all IMAP accounts and then connect to them one by one, to see if this is general or specific to some account.

I have similar problem. Since yesterday Bat freezes. Window remains  open, but click is not possible. I have windows 11 all updates and I had  thebat_64_11-0-4-1. I tried to downgrade to thebat_64_11-0-3 and now to  nau_thebat_64_10-5-4, but it keeps freezing. Now I used the stopwatch  and found that it freezes exactly after 1 minute  from start the Bat - no matter what I do !! Any Idea? I tried to not conect  to IMAP accounts and also to connect to them but it doesnt matter.  Didn`t try safe mode yet.

Jan wrote:
it freezes exactly after 1 minute  from start the Bat - no matter what I do !! Any Idea?
Whew, strange... There seem to be inherent incompatibilities between TB and Win 11, but here are a few ideas:

1. Options -> Preferences... -> Other options -> Confirmations: disable check for updates
2. Tools -> Scheduler: see if there are any offending tasks, or simply delete them all
3. Account -> Sorting Office/Filters: check if there are any filters with a scheduler event action

Miloš Radovanović wrote:
Jan wrote:
it freezes exactly after 1 minute  from start the Bat - no matter what I do !! Any Idea?
Whew, strange... There seem to be inherent incompatibilities between TB and Win 11, but here are a few ideas:

1. Options -> Preferences... -> Other options -> Confirmations: disable check for updates
2. Tools -> Scheduler: see if there are any offending tasks, or simply delete them all
3. Account -> Sorting Office/Filters: check if there are any filters with a scheduler event action
I contacted support and their solution works!! (I am still using 10.5.4 (64))
I moved requested files to another directory and all is OK. Only my view mode was lost - what I discovered until now.

Let's check whether that issue is caused by a corrupt configuration file. Please proceed as follows:

1. Close The Bat!
2. Open the mail folder ("Start -> Run -> %email% -> OK").  Alternatively, you can access the mail folder (Program Mail Directory:)  via the "Information" tab below the message list in the main window of  The Bat!
3. Rename these files one by one and see whether the program starts  quicker: CONFIG.CDB (message list configuration), ex_log.txt,  Events.CFG~, Events.~CFG~, Events.CFG (Scheduler events),  thebat32(64)_Exceptions.log, tbuser.DEF and userdef.xml (interface  settings).
4. Start The Bat!

You will lose some of the settings like the interface customization,  message list view modes, events in the Scheduler. If you do not wish to  lose that data/settings, then omit the respective files.

Great, thanks for the feedback. Looks like it might have been the scheduler.

As far as I saw, win11's Safe mode with network support does not support wifi, just wired connection. So I can't test safe mode + wifi. The problem still exists, I think it is some win11/tb issue. Maybe it will be unintentionally fixed by a future update.

No, it is not working anymore, both on wired / wifi.
It freezes forever at any Compose window (new mail / forward / reply / redirect).
Farewell theBat, reverting to Firefox :-(

Ciprian Furtuna wrote:
No, it is not working anymore, both on wired / wifi.It freezes forever at any Compose window (new mail / forward / reply / redirect).
Sorry to hear that. Perhaps support can help - deleting some files can make TB work again on Win 11. See the post by Jan above.
Pages: 1