Pages: 1
RSS
Marking All Messages Read, Removing the confirmation dialog when using marking a folder as read

When I want to mark all new messages in a folder, inbox for example, it's a simple process by just selecting the folder in the tree & pressing <ctrl> M.  The thing I find inconvenient is the confirmation dialog that pops up requiring a selection of Ok or Cancel with the added checkbox to process all subfolders.  I have checked all the settings within the program & cannot find one to disable this dialog.  Could be that I'm blind in one eye & can't see out of the other but, it would be greatly appreciated for a setting to disable the confirmation dialog.

See menu Options > Preferences > Other options > Confirmations. You have there two options to switch off: Marking account as read and Marking folder as read.

Be careful with this. The confirmation saved me a number of times from marking all messages in a folder as (un)read when I wanted to do it to a single message, but the focus was on the whole folder instead of the message. That's why I keep the confirmations on, and often do Ctrl+A, Ctrl+M (or Ctrl+U) instead.
Edited: Miloš Radovanović - 24 January 2024 20:16:36

Zygmunt Wereszczyński wrote:
See menu  Options > Preferences > Other options > Confirmations . You have there two options to switch off:  Marking account as read  and  Marking folder as read .
Thanks...  I thought I had looked at all the options.  The + symbol was too small on my monitor to see.  Appreciate the quick response.
Pages: 1