Pages: 1
RSS
After upgrading to v11 my old 9.5 version is still alive, How to make v11 the default one?

Hi,

i've got a 9.5 version with licence under Windows 10, but 2 weeks ago i installed the v11 update.
Today i restarted my pc and the old 9.5 loaded with windows startup not the new one.
Of course i can launch the v11 manually, but how can i make it the default one? In the startup menu i can only see the 9.5 version. (Or can i uninstall the old version without losing data?)

Thanks,
Peter

You should be able to simply replace the shortcut for v9.5 with the one for v11 in "c:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\". Uninstalling v9.5 should be fine, but be sure to back up your data first (you should do it regularly anyway). Either by simply copying the whole TB data folder or using TB's backup feature.

Peter wrote:
Hi,

i've got a 9.5 version with licence under Windows 10, but 2 weeks ago i installed the v11 update.
Today i restarted my pc and the old 9.5 loaded with windows startup not the new one.
Of course i can launch the v11 manually, but how can i make it the default one? In the startup menu i can only see the 9.5 version. (Or can i uninstall the old version without losing data?)

Thanks,
Peter

I noticed this behavior when I tried to update the old version with the new Bat! with auto-updater (two separate Bat! programs remain), but when I installed the new Bat! without auto-updater, the old version was over-written. Could this be your case?

RangoX wrote:
Peter wrote:
Hi,

Thanks,
Peter

I noticed this behavior when I tried to update the old version with the new Bat! with auto-updater (two separate Bat! programs remain), but when I installed the new Bat! without auto-updater, the old version was over-written. Could this be your case?

Yes, i installed indeed the auto-updater version.
Edited: Peter - 17 February 2024 21:08:12
Pages: 1