Pages: 1
RSS
gmail oauth2

TB! still asks me for gmail oauth every single day. I'm sick and tired of this. Has anyone found a way to setup it stops asking for this? Thanks.
Edited: Marek K. ZBOROWSKI - 11 February 2024 00:28:58

Marek K. ZBOROWSKI wrote:
TB! still asks me for gmail oauth every single day. I'm sick and tired of this. Has anyone found a way to setup it stop asking for this? Thanks.
This only happens to me when I wake from hibernation after a certain amount of time has passed [in hibernation]. Overnight for example.

However, this does not change the fact that it is the only email program that does so. I have not observed that any other email client has a similar problem.

However, this does not change the fact that it is the only email program that does so. I have not observed that any other email client has a similar problem.
I haven't observed this behavior with TB either. I set it up to work with GMail a couple of months ago and didn't need to repeat authorization ever again. Which version of TB are you using?
Edited: Miloš Radovanović - 12 February 2024 11:58:58

Frederick Smith wrote:
TB! still asks me for gmail oauth every single day. I'm sick and tired of this. Has anyone found a way to setup it stop asking for this? Thanks.
This only happens to me when I wake from hibernation after a certain amount of time has passed [in hibernation]. Overnight for example.

This exactly is happening to me, coincidentally, with the Gmail account that also syncs the Calendar.

Miloš Radovanović wrote:
I haven't observed this behavior with TB either. I set it up to work with GMail a couple of months ago and didn't need to repeat authorization ever again. Which version of TB are you using?

11.0.4.1, but I experience it also on the 10.5.4. I'm using Google One 2TB version.
Edited: Marek K. ZBOROWSKI - 12 February 2024 22:58:05

I see only a few options to try:

1. Account -> Properties -> Mail Management -> IMAP Fine-Tune -> Update subscription on startup (maybe some others)
2. Doing a clean install of TB and setting up the account from scratch
3. Contacting support

Frederick Smith wrote:
Actually, it happens not in hibernation specifically, but when a computer is left overnight logged in and running with The Bat. E.g. the computer doesn't sleep, doesn't hibernate, just left unattended overnight.

Restarting TheBat and authenticating at Google for the first time solves the issue until the next day.

Andrew Fionik wrote:
Frederick Smith wrote:
Actually, it happens not in hibernation specifically, but when a computer is left overnight logged in and running with The Bat. E.g. the computer doesn't sleep, doesn't hibernate, just left unattended overnight.

Restarting TheBat and authenticating at Google for the first time solves the issue until the next day.
Windows, Hibernation means the PC is really off. It creates files that are needed to remap memory, etc. Nothing is running during hibernation. That's my understanding. Now, Sleep, is completely different.
Edited: Frederick Smith - 15 February 2024 02:08:01

TB! still asks me for gmail oauth every single day. I'm sick and tired of this. Has anyone found a way to setup it stops asking for this? Thanks.
Same situation here. Actually I quit using it just because of this. I was using it since v4. but this issue drives me crazy. p.s. - couldn't solve it in any way.
Edited: Zoltan Szekely - 15 February 2024 15:49:54

Zoltan Szekely wrote:
Same situation here. Actually I quit using it just because of this. I was using it since v4. but this issue drives me crazy. p.s. - couldn't solve it in any way.
Have you tried contacting support?

Interesting. I just closed and reopened TB. I did not have to click on the authorization screen?

Interesting. For a while now, I just close the browser tab requesting gmail oauth2. No need to restart TB. I can send/receive gmail. This still does not answer the question though.

Frankly, I'm done with TB!. Too many problems, not enough help from the developers. I've been using TB! for many years, I think since 1998 - but I'm sick and tired of doing the work for the developers, who release versions completely untested, and their great community does the beta testing for them. That's not the way to go, because every update comes at a cost-I won't count how much money I've spent on this program, which, despite being on the market for 27 years, is still immature, still contains bugs, and users are still deluded by promises of improvements.

I switched to another program, for which I paid once and have lifetime updates. On top of that, the developers just released versions for Android and iOS. Transferring data from my computer - including account configurations, passwords, directories - was all done in one click.

Ritlabs, shame on you. You get my money no more or you change your policy. Maybe, maybe then I will give you one more chance.  
Edited: Marek K. ZBOROWSKI - 23 March 2024 17:11:15

It's strange. This inability to use PM has been going on for quite a while.

Thank you so much for the help, I was also faced with the issue, but your suggestion helped me.

Did anyone ever figure out this "No PM [messaging] thing"?

Replying for the updates.
Pages: 1