Pages: 1
RSS
upgrade or not, version 9 to 11

Hi,

I`m currently using `The Bat professional Edition` version 9.2.3 (64-Bit) I`m running Windows 10 Pro

Everything is working fine that I use. I guess I’m not using all the features that TheBat has to offer but I’ve been using it for some 20+ years or there about and it runs ok for what I want.

It does filters in to Folders fine the last update of TheBat that I needed to do was to get it working with my Gmail account so it works with the TheBat fine so I’m happy with that.

The last time I did an upgrade for the sake of it was a disaster the upgrade was not working great (forget the version number) but I went back to my current version 9.2.3 and was happy again.

Anyway I was looking and see the new version is 11.1 and was just wondering what benefit would I get going from my current version 9.2.3 to 11.1.

I don’t fancy experimenting and finding problems so would just like to know in a few lines what major things would I see/benefit from and would it be worth the upgrade

Well, see here for all the 'what's new' information between your version and the latest one:

https://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/revision-history/

For information about issues in recent versions, just check this forum :)
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Is it time to upgrade?

Can't be sure until you try :)

Joking aside, I haven't seen too many stability updates in recent versions.

Well was a bit lazy of me but I had a click on the history of the upgrades and to be honest nothing great that’s going to tempt me to upgrade.

I looked at v 10 to v 11 and as the saying goes if isn’t broke! So I’m sticking with my current version till something really makes me want to upgrade.

To be honest if the Amiga computer system still had/could use a in house normal web browser I would still be running that (with YAM emailer) I found that TheBat was more like it at the time so that’s why I went with that and still use it it and trust it.

Anyway I will keep looking at new versions and see if I change my mind :-)

v10.5.4 here
Pages: 1