Pages: 1
RSS
Problems in gmail

Gentlemen: Lately I have a lot of problems accessing my various Gmail email accounts.
I have to log into the account via the web to give TheBat access to my account.
This happens several days in a row, other days normal access, and then having to authorize again.
Is there a solution other than changing email client.

Greetings

I use V 10.5.1 64bit Home Edition

Same here - asks for auth every single day. This makes me crazy.

I doubt if this is a The Bat issue, as users of Outlook and Thunderbird have reported similar problems.

OAUTH2 uses your system browser to obtain an access token (that's usually Edge, even if you have a different default browser). The browser has to allow javascript and cookies for google.com (and it should not delete them afterwards - and neither should your antivirus block or delete them).

Additional things that I'd try: Clear google.com cookies in Edge, and go to google.com to log into my google account. I'd also try running Windows in Safe Mode for once, and launch The Bat with full admin rights to see if that will give me an oauth token that sticks for longer than a day.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

My problem is that one out of three Gmail accounts I have in the Bat! refuses to receive mail (it says connection finished - 0 messages received).

It was working fine until the previous version, what can I do?

I want to re-authenticate via web browser but I don't know how?
Edited: RangoX - 29 October 2023 22:39:35

I have problem with one of my two Gmail accounts in The Bat, can't login. It worked perfectly before. The second account still works good. Their security Gmail settings are the same.

Access blocked: The Bat!’s request is invalid
You can’t sign in because The Bat! sent an invalid request. You can try again later, or contact the developer about this issue. Learn more about this error
If you are a developer of The Bat!, see error details.
Error 400: invalid_request

Error 400: invalid_requestThe out-of-band (OOB) flow has been blocked in order to keep users secure. Follow the Out-of-Band (OOB) flow migration guide linked in the developer docs below to migrate your app to an alternative method.
Request details: redirect_uri=urn:ietf:wg:oauth:2.0:oob

For me, I solved the gmail login by downloading version 10.5.0.1 and installing version 10.4.0.1. At that time, there was still a problem with >20 gmail logins. I stopped automatic and timed gmail logins. After that, I started the gmail accounts one by one, logged in, and then switched back the timed and start-up email downloads. I did this on each account one by one, so order was restored. I apologize for the writing errors, I wrote with Google Translate.

Best regards:
Aplajos

Willam Williams wrote:
For me, I solved the gmail login by downloading version 10.5.0.1 and installing version 10.4.0.1. At that time, there was still a problem with >20 gmail logins. I stopped automatic and timed gmail logins. After that, I started the gmail accounts one by one, logged in, and then switched back the timed and start-up email downloads. I did this on each account one by one, so order was restored. I apologize for the writing errors, I wrote with Google Translate.

Best regards:
Aplajos
Update helped, thanks!

RangoX wrote:
My problem is that one out of three Gmail accounts I have in the Bat! refuses to receive mail (it says connection finished - 0 messages received).

It was working fine until the previous version, what can I do?

I want to re-authenticate via web browser but I don't know how?
Hi, there!

I have the same problem!
10.4.0.1 stopped getting new messages from Gmail with "connection finished - 0 messages received" message.
Re-auth via Google chrome didn't change anything.

Any ideas?

Egor Po wrote:
10.4.0.1 stopped getting new messages from Gmail with "connection finished - 0 messages received" message.Re-auth via Google chrome didn't change anything.Any ideas?

I don't use TB with GMail, but you could try updating TB to the latest v10 version 10.5.4: https://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/archive-versions.php

I recall there being at least one OAUTH fix since 10.4.0.1.

Miloš Radovanović wrote:
[QUOTE]Egor Po wrote:
I recall there being at least one OAUTH fix since 10.4.0.1.

Yes, the revision history mentions OAUTH work being done for v10.5.3

https://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/revision-history/
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Useful site ?
Edited: Елизавета Андреева - 31 January 2024 12:43:03
Pages: 1