Pages: 1
RSS
new View thread

I have updated to V11 but the Conversation Thread View  is very unpleasant for me, is it possible to return to the previous view?

Cheers

Options - Preferences - View/Editor - Use Classic Preview Pane (bottom of the page)
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

Sorry for not doing enough research, in the preferences check "Use Classic preview pane"

Cheers

Thanks for the info.

Hello

Every time I try to return to classic view the bat freezes and crashes......

Another issue is that when I am in the new "thread mode",  I don't see any thread like here for example:

https://www.ritlabs.com/images/products/thebat/screenshot/v11/tb_main_window_en.png

I have to modify something somewhere

The only difference I see is a bigger area for messages received with bigger logo like gmail but no thread view

any idea?

I encounter the same problem as duralux. How to make threaded view look like the picture? Must change column configuration (workspace) for threaded view to show?

OK, I played around with the new message viewer in v11.0.1. If the message selected in the message list belongs to a thread, all messages from the thread will be shown in the new viewer one below the other. I see no way to choose how these messages are determined, but it is probably by references (the "standard") way. If only one message is shown in the viewer it is probably not part of a thread (that is, TB is unable to recognize that). Try selecting a message with multiple replies around.

What also seems to be the case is that what messages are shown in the new viewer as belonging to a thread is completely independent from the message list - it does not matter what is selected in View -> View threads by, which is a bit confusing. It would make more sense to me if the new message viewer would just scroll through messages in the order defined by the message list. That way, one could view threads in different ways, messages by time/date, use message list filters (unread, flagged...), or whatever. That would be much more useful in my opinion.

Back to the questions: in order to get TB to display messages like in the image above you need several things:
- A very high resolution monitor
- Workspace -> Window Split Mode -> Horizontal split
- Message list in summary view (Options -> Preferences... -> Message List)
- View -> View threads by -> References (probably)
Edited: Miloš Radovanović - 25 December 2023 14:44:10

Thanks for help. I don't know why bur me it's impossible to view threads in any split mode or in any threads view...  Quite strange. I can see messages only one by one...

You said:

"If the message selected in the message list belongs to a thread, all messages fr om the thread will be shown in the new viewer one below the other"

Where is the new viewer?
Edited: duralux duralux - 25 December 2023 20:08:03

duralux duralux wrote:
Where is the new viewer?

In v11 it replaces the old one by default (unless Options -> Preferences... -> Viewer/Editor -> Use Classic Preview Pane is selected). In the main TB window, where you view messages that are selected in the message list. Feel free to post a screenshot (through an external image hosting service).

I see the new preview panel but even when a message has been answered and a thread should appear, I can only see the message alone

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YCOwMCBJ7diDqGu_yMtBZhrzR-aCsgwh/view?usp=sharing

duralux duralux wrote:
I see the new preview panel but even when a message has been answered and a thread should appear, I can only see the message alone

I tried what seems that you did, too - wrote messages and replies to myself. In this case the new viewer didn't recognize them as belonging to the same thread. But in other cases when communicating with other people (esp. groups with reply all), it did. I guess this new feature is still buggy...

I have the same problem for any kind of message

Threads are never visible even when there is a real thread
Edited: duralux duralux - 26 December 2023 14:57:01

duralux duralux wrote:
I have the same problem for any kind of messageThreads are never visible even when there is a real thread
In that case it's clearly a bug. Please report it to the developers using the support link above. If possible, send them samples of your e-mails.

Ritlabs describe the new message viewer as providing "a swift summary of messages that share similarities". Perhaps the similarity measure used doesn't work for French...

EDIT: After a restart, the new viewer started recognizing the test message and replies I sent to myself as belonging to the same thread.
Edited: Miloš Radovanović - 26 December 2023 15:13:11

Try this...

View - View Threads By - References+Subject

Then I chose to sort by received time.  NOW I see the threading in the Preview pane.  In the message list, the emails that are "threaded" are designated by a ">" in the left column.  

Careful not to double-click on the main thread, access violation - sometimes.  

Some messages don't thread well, others are perfect.  Perhaps newly received messages will work better.

Kind of cool that when scrolling in the threaded view - as you bring another message into view - it will expand the thread in the message list and highlight the one your viewing.  But it also scrolls the message list so that the message being viewed is at the bottom.  I'll wait for a few more updates before I open a ticket about that.  

fletch wrote:
Kind of cool that when scrolling in the threaded view - as you bring another message into view - it will expand the thread in the message list and highlight the one your viewing.  But it also scrolls the message list so that the message being viewed is at the bottom.  I'll wait for a few more updates before I open a ticket about that.

I too see potential in the new viewer, but now it's just confusing. It seems that the algorithm for determining what messages constitute a thread in the new message viewer is detached from whatever is going on in the message list (even if the message list is viewing threads). As you scroll through what the new message viewer considers a conversation, selection in the message list will jump around however the message list is configured. And sometimes it fails to sel ect the proper message fr om the message list as you scroll.
Pages: 1