Pages: 1
RSS
The Bat version 11, Hanging up when closing

Is anyone else having problems with The Bat not closing properly and when you restart it, you need to go into task manager and end all references in order for it to start up again?  I have the latest updates and it's still doing it. (11.0.3) 64 bit

Some things that I'd check:

-Do you use any plugins in The Bat? See Options | Preferences | Plug-ins. If so, disable them, relaunch The Bat and see if that solves it. If it does, you may need to upgrade the plug-in(s).

-Before you exit The Bat, have a look at the Connection Center (see 'Options | Preferences | General' and set 'Display Connection Center' temporarily to 'Always'. The Connection Center will be opened in a separate window). Do you see any open connections there?

-Have you tried the "Preferences > General > Run CEF Browser in a single process" option? (relaunch TB to see if it helps)

-Perhaps you could try the /ForceNoCEF command line option (in the shortcut that you use to launch The Bat).
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

It's random for me.  I've not seen it lately.  I opened a ticket recently about that, they acknowledged the issue and said it would be resolved soon.  So it still might be in their queue.  

fletch wrote:
It's random for me.  I've not seen it lately.  I opened a ticket recently about that, they acknowledged the issue and said it would be resolved soon.

How recent was that?  v10.5.2.1 of last Oct. 31 fixed a similar problem:  "Issue that caused a helper process to remain in memory after exiting The Bat!, preventing the program from shutting down properly, was fixed"

If your discussion with Ritlabs' support staff was from before that time, I'd encourage Brenda to report the issue to them using the Support menu near the top of this page. Maybe the same old problem has returned in the current version.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Dec 29 is when I reported it, with the first V11 that I'd installed.  Well, I'd installed it, the first version, then got the update notification.  So I updated but it failed because when I closed The Bat! to update it, I didn't realize it was still running.  So I killed it, did the install again, and have not seen the problem since.  

fletch wrote:
Dec 29 is when I reported it, with the first V11 that I'd installed.  Well, I'd installed it, the first version, then got the update notification.  So I updated but it failed because when I closed The Bat! to update it, I didn't realize it was still running.  So I killed it, did the install again, and have not seen the problem since.

The what's new for v11.0.3 (could have also been present for 11.0.2) states: "Fix some possible sources of AV errors (including ones when switching editor type)". Maybe that took care of the problems for you.
Pages: 1