Pages: 1
RSS
v11.0.3.4, Is it time to upgrade from 10.x ?

Is this the upgrade for those of us who downgraded to v10.x have been waiting?

It seems v11.0.3.4 was renamed to v11.0.4 a few hours after release.

Anyway, I wouldn't rush with the upgrade. There seem to be a fair number of fixes, but very few for stability.

Main bug for me that Unread letters hides and marks with new preview. Disgusting bug! I do use it old preview because of it.

And this new preview have only one needed thing - show threads of letters through all folders. All other with new preview makes me sad and angry. Old preview better in all instances.

I don't understand why we need for new indexing threads feature use it "this".
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

I realise that they're trying to move with the times - but I am not - I may be downgrading to 10 again after my visit here, I have downgraded twice now.

Found a solution but you must check the 'use classic preview pane' at the bottom of the viewer/editor preferences - this is the only way to see the RFC-822 headers should you need to - the 'source' display does not present them correctly.

Downgrade avoided for now ....
Edited: Neil Kirkland - 06 March 2024 20:51:53

So, this is [still] not the time for me to upgrade from 10.x to 11.x?

Frederick Smith wrote:
So, this is [still] not the time for me to upgrade from 10.x to 11.x?

Considering your experiences, I would wait for a version with substantial stability fixes before upgrading.

I've been using version 2.03 for over 20 years and it has been perfect. Even now running on Linux Mint, which I have tried the newer versions but have always gone back to the old version as it has a great user interface and just works without issues.

All the newer versions have horrible user interfaces and stability issues. At those prices I'd expect better.
Edited: Miggy Moggy - 08 April 2024 01:24:26

Miggy Moggy wrote:
I've been using version 2.03 for over 20 years and it has been perfect.

Do you run your own mail server?  v2 doesn't support any of the modern encryption schemes and protocols that today's mail providers seem to require.

All the newer versions have horrible user interfaces [..]

My v8.3 still looks much like v1 did, and I'm quite sure that later versions do too. The main thing is to use Workspace | Window Split Mode | Full Height Account Tree. And stay away from dark themes :)

[..] and stability issues.

New versions sometimes do, but subsequent updates solve those issues. That's how it has always worked with The Bat (and many other programs).
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
Do you run your own mail server?  v2 doesn't support any of the modern encryption schemes and protocols that today's mail providers seem to require.

Nope.

All I've ever used over the years for e-mail (since the late 90s) has only used / required pop3 and smtp, so I've never needed to update a perfect working e-mail client and in over 20 years going from Windows 98SE, 2000, XP, 7 and now Linux Mint. This old version of TheBat has been rock stable.

Whoever the developers are of that old version. You guys did an amazing job.

Miggy Moggy wrote:
All I've ever used over the years for e-mail (since the late 90s) has only used / required pop3 and smtp, so I've never needed to update a perfect working e-mail client and in over 20 years going from Windows 98SE, 2000, XP, 7 and now Linux Mint. This old version of TheBat has been rock stable.
You are lucky that the server(s) you are using still support the old versions of the POP3/SMTP protocols. If that ever changes, you will be forced to upgrade to a newer version of TB or use something else. It happened to me with TB v5.

Miggy Moggy wrote:
Whoever the developers are of that old version. You guys did an amazing job.
They sure did. And it's still great if you skip the early subversions and wait for the bugs to get ironed out.
Pages: 1