Download The Bat!
Secure desktop email client app for Windows
You can download for free (no registration required) and use unregistered copy of The Bat! mail software app for evaluation purposes for one period of 30 days. During this period you should either purchase a registered license or stop using The Bat! program, according to the EULA.
The Bat! v9.2.1 (32-bit)
|01 July 2020||101.91 MB||Download|
The Bat! v9.2.1 (64-bit)
|01 July 2020||108.37 MB||Download|
Token Manager v2.0 (iKey1000, eToken Pro) for Professional Edition
|21 January 2010||0.95 MB||Download|
For software developers - specification of The Bat! API
|07 July 2018||0.09 MB||Download|
The Bat! 9.2.1 (01 July 2020)
- Toolbars library is reverted to Toolbar 2000 components (GUI became much faster)
- HTML rendering engine is set to solely Chromium (CEF library v83.3)
- Offline Mode (menu item "Options\Work Offline") and detection of the absence of the Internet connection to avoid useless mailbox checking attempts
- Automatically generated colors are used for different email addresses in the Summary View
- Message List and Folder Tree Tabs can be handled using the mouse wheel (scrolling, pressing and tilting)
- Changes in message's memo are automatically saved
- By default the newly created IMAP folders are added to the Mail Ticker's watch list
- Messages with the empty "To:" fields are saved as draft instead of trying to send them
- Changes in the appearance of the items in the message list and account/folder tree view
- Added the option for the "old style" tree views and row density under "Options\Preferences\Other options"
- Loading of the external media for HTML messages (to be extended) can be configured under the menu "Options\Preferences\Viewer/Editor\HTML Viewer"
- (#0002014) Better automatic recognition of URLs with matching brackets
- (#0002017) The "Select/Deselect" buttons for folders have been reorganized in the Message Finder (F7) window
- Changes in the program's default layout for the first time run
- Applying the left alignment by Alt+L in the MicroEd plain text editor called out the system's warning sound
- The Escape key did not close the Address Book window
- Quick Search was not activated by typing in the message list
- HTML viewer popup menu was improperly positioned on high DPI
- SmartSpace Reading is now working in any kind of text viewer
- (#0001761) The issue which caused cascading error messages when replying to a message still being downloaded has been resolved
- (#0001832) Inactive Internal PGP implementation was displayed in the list of available PGP engines
- (#0001837) An Access Violation error message appeared in the Address History after deselecting folders for scanning
- (#0001844) On the profile layout settings page the text was not displayed until a profile was manually selected
- (#0001934) Buttons on the preview pane's header were too wide
- (#0001961) Memo Autoview visibility is now maintained between sessions
- (#0001967) Memo editor does not close when repeatedly pressing Shift+Ctrl+I
- (#0002006) Message list tabs were not restored from Backup
- (#0002021) Icons of the program's additional windows were not displayed
- (#0002025) Unnecessarily deep nesting for the "Format\...\" color settings in the message editor has been eliminated
- OAuth 2.0 authentication was not working for Mail.Ru
- No default address book was created on the first start of the program
- Superfluous empty spaces in the main window of the program appeared after restoring the data from the Home directory
- Checkboxes on accounts' selection on restoring from Home folder were missing
- The window for "Create New Account" appeared in the background and wasn't noticeable to the user
The Bat! upgrade policy
- The Bat! v5 license purchased December 23, 2010 - September 25, 2013 is valid for a The Bat! v6.0 update only. For The Bat! v6.1 and higher these licenses are not valid.
- The Bat! v6 license purchased September 26, 2013 - November 25, 2013 is valid for a The Bat! v7.0 update only. For The Bat! v7.1 and higher these licenses are not valid.
- The Bat! v6 license purchased November 26, 2013 - May 8, 2015 is valid for all The Bat! versions 6. For The Bat! v7.0 and higher these licenses are not valid.
- The Bat! v7 license purchased May 9, 2015 – August 21, 2017 is valid for version 6.8 and all The Bat! versions 7. For The Bat! v8.0 and higher these licenses are not valid.
- The Bat! v8 license purchased August 22, 2017 – June 2, 2019 is valid for all The Bat! versions 7 and all The Bat! versions 8. For The Bat! v9.0 and higher these licenses are not valid.
- The Bat! license purchased from June 3, 2019 will be valid for all The Bat! versions 8 and all The Bat! versions 9. For The Bat! v10.0 and higher these licenses will no longer be valid.
Users who have a license for any version of The Bat! before v8 can update their license to The Bat! v8 by purchasing an upgrade.
Please note: We reserve the right to adjust our upgrade policy without notification.
The Bat! mail software supports the following versions of Windows Operating System:
- Windows XP (32/64 bit)
- Windows Vista (32/64 bit) - Certified for Windows Vista
- Windows 7 (32/64 bit) - tested to meet Compatible with Windows® 7 requirements
- Windows 8 (32/64 bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32/64 bit)
- Windows 10 (32/64 bit) - Certified for Windows 10
- Windows Server 2003 & R2
- Windows Server 2008 & R2
- Windows Server 2012 & R2
- Windows Server 2016 & R2
- Windows Server 2019
If you want to be notified by email when new The Bat! versions are available, please subscribe to the mailing list by sending a blank email to the following address: email@example.com
The Bat! has the MailTicker™ included, that adds a visual indicator to your desktop similar to those stock exchange banners you may know from certain TV news channels.