Download The Bat!
Secure desktop email client app for Windows
You can download for free (no registration required) and use unregistered copy of The Bat! mail software app for evaluation purposes for one period of 30 days. During this period you should either purchase a registered license or stop using The Bat! program, according to the EULA.
The Bat! v9.1.18 (32-bit)
|22 April 2020||36.57 MB||Download|
The Bat! v9.1.18 (64-bit)
|22 April 2020||40.18 MB||Download|
Token Manager v2.0 (iKey1000, eToken Pro) for Professional Edition
|21 January 2010||0.95 MB||Download|
For software developers - specification of The Bat! API
|07 July 2018||0.09 MB||Download|
The Bat! 9.1.18 (22 April 2020)
- On TLS connections, The Bat! sends Signaling Cipher Suite Value (SCSV) "TLS_EMPTY_RENEGOTIATION_INFO_SCSV" cipher suite (described in RFC 5746) to indicate that it is not prone to insecure renegotiations (see section 3.3 of the RFC). Some servers did terminate the connection immediately when there were no SCSV in TLS "ClientHello" (as described in the section 4.3 of the RFC). In such cases, The Bat! added the following message to the log file: "The server has closed the connection during TLS handshake"
- The Bat! did try to change associations from the Preferences dialog even if nothing in this configuration was changed by the user
- The Bat! didn't start if Windows interface language was set to Korean
- (#0001976) Shortcuts in message list tabs do not work
- (#0001982) Adding a shortcut in the customizer leads to an Access Violation error
- (#0001991) Toolbar customization was not saved in the message list window (the window of an opened email message)
- (#0001996) Hidden Quick Search by customization let it reappear as field in mail header pane
The Bat! upgrade policy
- The Bat! v5 license purchased December 23, 2010 - September 25, 2013 is valid for a The Bat! v6.0 update only. For The Bat! v6.1 and higher these licenses are not valid.
- The Bat! v6 license purchased September 26, 2013 - November 25, 2013 is valid for a The Bat! v7.0 update only. For The Bat! v7.1 and higher these licenses are not valid.
- The Bat! v6 license purchased November 26, 2013 - May 8, 2015 is valid for all The Bat! versions 6. For The Bat! v7.0 and higher these licenses are not valid.
- The Bat! v7 license purchased May 9, 2015 – August 21, 2017 is valid for version 6.8 and all The Bat! versions 7. For The Bat! v8.0 and higher these licenses are not valid.
- The Bat! v8 license purchased August 22, 2017 – June 2, 2019 is valid for all The Bat! versions 7 and all The Bat! versions 8. For The Bat! v9.0 and higher these licenses are not valid.
- The Bat! license purchased from June 3, 2019 will be valid for all The Bat! versions 8 and all The Bat! versions 9. For The Bat! v10.0 and higher these licenses will no longer be valid.
Users who have a license for any version of The Bat! before v8 can update their license to The Bat! v8 by purchasing an upgrade.
Please note: We reserve the right to adjust our upgrade policy without notification.
The Bat! mail software supports the following versions of Windows Operating System:
- Windows XP (32/64 bit)
- Windows Vista (32/64 bit) - Certified for Windows Vista
- Windows 7 (32/64 bit) - tested to meet Compatible with Windows® 7 requirements
- Windows 8 (32/64 bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32/64 bit)
- Windows 10 (32/64 bit) - Certified for Windows 10
- Windows Server 2003 & R2
- Windows Server 2008 & R2
- Windows Server 2012 & R2
- Windows Server 2016 & R2
- Windows Server 2019
If you want to be notified by email when new The Bat! versions are available, please subscribe to the mailing list by sending a blank email to the following address: email@example.com
The Bat! has the MailTicker™ included, that adds a visual indicator to your desktop similar to those stock exchange banners you may know from certain TV news channels.