Download The Bat!
Secure desktop email client app for Windows
You can download for free (no registration required) and use unregistered copy of The Bat! mail software app for evaluation purposes for one period of 30 days. During this period you should either purchase a registered license or stop using The Bat! program, according to the EULA.
The Bat! v9.1.6 (32-bit)
|10 March 2020||36.57 MB||Download|
The Bat! v9.1.6 (64-bit)
|10 March 2020||40.17 MB||Download|
Token Manager v2.0 (iKey1000, eToken Pro) for Professional Edition
|21 January 2010||0.95 MB||Download|
For software developers - specification of The Bat! API
|07 July 2018||0.09 MB||Download|
The Bat! 9.1.6 (02 March 2020)
- TLS AEAD AES-GCM cipher suites: TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384, TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384, TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384, TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256, TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256, TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256
- Added icons for the commands (menu items, toolbar buttons) that did not have icons
- Added SHA-384 cipher suites for TLS: TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384 & TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384
- "/CRC32_CCITT_BENCHMARK" and "/CRC32_CASTAGNOLI_BENCHMARK" command-line parameters to calculate performance of CRC32 implementation used by The Bat!
- New image for an account (mail box) in the folder tree
- Enabled the following ciphers suite for TLS: TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA256 cipher suite (it was disabled because it had largest AES key size, but DHE which is slower than ECDHE)
- ECDHE TLS ciphers didn't work on TLS version 1.0 (but did work on TLS version 1.1 and later)
- Added Shortcuts Customization (it was missing since version 9.0)
- MailTicker font style was incorrectly saved
- Added correct categories in menu customization
- Fixed Favorites Menu (there was an issue since version 9.0)
- A memory leak is fixed (the TGoogleAuthTask object was not released)
- Fixed AV in customizing menus (64bit-only)
- (#0000329) Link to folder missing from the "Information" tab
- (#0001736) Message Dispatcher is not terminated
- (#0001811) The Sorting Office option "Do not preserve header of the original messages" is always applied regardless of the settings
- (#0001873) Can't change font styles of selected text
- (#0001874) Editor: Menu-Item "Format" contains an unnecessary item divider (it was an issue since version 9.0)
- (#0001896) "Esc" does not close the "Address Book", "View Message Source", "Print Preview" and "Enter Registration Key" windows
- (#0001917) "Cannot remove shell notification icon" error popup during shutdown
- (#0001923) After language change, a button was missing (it was an issue since version 9.0)
- (#0001930) Clicking an URL in HTML message opens two browsers
- (#0001936) Access Violation on "OK" in the Print Setup Dialog
- (#0001937) The items in the main menu "Workspace -> Show Connection Centre" are not mutually exclusive (it was an issue since version 9.0)
- (#0001941) Access Violation errors in print setup dialog and cancelling password dialog
- (#0001953) Message tags are not displayed in the column "Tags"
- (#0001957) Alternative Deletion shortcut (Shift+Delete key combination) did not work in v9.1
- Fixed secondary shortcuts. For example, if a single command had two shortcuts (primary and secondary), only primary worked. This affected the following shortcuts: Move to Next Unread (Ctrl+Right,Ctrl+Alt+Right) & Move Previos Unread (Ctrl+Left,Ctrl+Alt+Left)
- Fixed "invalid class typecast" error when using RC4 (stream) cipher in TLS (introduced in v9.1)
- (#0001811) If the option "Do not preserve header of the original messages" is turned off for the "Create formatted message" action in the Sorting Office, then the RFC-822 headers of original message are added as an attachment (with Content-type "text/rfc822-headers", as described in RFC-1892) to the newly created message
The Bat! upgrade policy
- The Bat! v5 license purchased December 23, 2010 - September 25, 2013 is valid for a The Bat! v6.0 update only. For The Bat! v6.1 and higher these licenses are not valid.
- The Bat! v6 license purchased September 26, 2013 - November 25, 2013 is valid for a The Bat! v7.0 update only. For The Bat! v7.1 and higher these licenses are not valid.
- The Bat! v6 license purchased November 26, 2013 - May 8, 2015 is valid for all The Bat! versions 6. For The Bat! v7.0 and higher these licenses are not valid.
- The Bat! v7 license purchased May 9, 2015 – August 21, 2017 is valid for version 6.8 and all The Bat! versions 7. For The Bat! v8.0 and higher these licenses are not valid.
- The Bat! v8 license purchased August 22, 2017 – June 2, 2019 is valid for all The Bat! versions 7 and all The Bat! versions 8. For The Bat! v9.0 and higher these licenses are not valid.
- The Bat! license purchased from June 3, 2019 will be valid for all The Bat! versions 8 and all The Bat! versions 9. For The Bat! v10.0 and higher these licenses will no longer be valid.
Users who have a license for any version of The Bat! before v8 can update their license to The Bat! v8 by purchasing an upgrade.
Please note: We reserve the right to adjust our upgrade policy without notification.
The Bat! mail software supports the following versions of Windows Operating System:
- Windows XP (32/64 bit)
- Windows Vista (32/64 bit) - Certified for Windows Vista
- Windows 7 (32/64 bit) - tested to meet Compatible with Windows® 7 requirements
- Windows 8 (32/64 bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32/64 bit)
- Windows 10 (32/64 bit) - Certified for Windows 10
- Windows Server 2003 & R2
- Windows Server 2008 & R2
- Windows Server 2012 & R2
- Windows Server 2016 & R2
- Windows Server 2019
If you want to be notified by email when new The Bat! versions are available, please subscribe to the mailing list by sending a blank email to the following address: email@example.com
The Bat! has the MailTicker™ included, that adds a visual indicator to your desktop similar to those stock exchange banners you may know from certain TV news channels.