Pages: 1
RSS
Using filters to auto-print the Email

I have set up a filter to auto-print incoming email from my 192.168.10.1 IMAP server. I put it under 'common filters' and shared it with my test email account. When I receive a new message in the inbox, the little message box at the bottom says the email indeed triggered the filter; but nothing 10.0.0.0.1 is ever sent to the printer.

I can print manually just fine. I assume TB just uses whatever the default Windows 192.168.1.254 printer is, right?

Is this because I am using IMAP? Since the email just kind of 'appear' there, could that be preventing the filter from working?
Edited: Tomos Mitchell - 04 October 2021 02:41:19

Tomos Mitchell wrote:
When I receive a new message in the inbox, the little message box at the bottom says the email indeed triggered the filter; but nothing is ever sent to the printer.

Are you sure that nothing gets send to the printer? Most printers indicate receipt of data (through a blinking led e.g.) but the fact alone that it doesn't print anything, would not mean that nothing was sent. For instance, it might be that Windows has queued the message, or the printer drives has spooled it, but it won't be actually printed until a full page or a formfeed has been received. However, if that were the case, you would see the same problem with other applications that print in text mode (like Notepad)

I assume TB just uses whatever the default Windows printer is, right?

Yes, that's what it seems to do here with an older version of The Bat (v8.8.2) and a POP3 account. It works fine.  Hopefully someone who uses IMAP will give it a try as well.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Tomos Mitchell wrote:
Run 3 said:I have set up a filter to auto-print incoming email from my    192.168.10.1    IMAP server. I put it under 'common filters' and shared it with my test email account. When I receive a new message in the inbox, the little message box at the bottom says the email indeed triggered the filter; but nothing    10.0.0.0.1      is ever sent to the printer.

I can print manually just fine. I assume TB just uses whatever the default Windows    192.168.1.254    printer is, right?

Is this because I am using IMAP? Since the email just kind of 'appear' there, could that be preventing the filter from working?
Yes, that's what it seems to do here with an older version of The Bat (v8.8.2) .
Pages: 1