Pages: Prev. 1 2
RSS
Latest Upgrade - Poor Experience, I don't care much for the new 'threaded' BS

Miloš Radovanović wrote:
Frederick Smith wrote:
No AVs so far. Message bodies not easily viewed are back to normal
I'm happy you're finally back to normal, hoping it stays that way. v10.5.4 should serve you well.
1. The list of headers above the preview pane. How do you adjust the font/size? I always have trouble finding this setting
2. [Much more difficult Q] How to determine when it's "safe" to upgrade to v11.x?

Frederick Smith wrote:
1. The list of headers above the preview pane. How do you adjust the font/size? I always have trouble finding this setting

You mean the message list or the headers of the selected message within the pane?

Former: Options -> Preferences... -> Message List
Latter: Options -> Preferences... -> Viewer/Editor -> Header Layout

Frederick Smith wrote:
2. [Much more difficult Q] How to determine when it's "safe" to upgrade to v11.x?

No definitive answer, except to follow this forum and hope for the best. And back up the message base before attempting any upgrade :)  

Miloš Radovanović wrote:
Frederick Smith wrote:

You mean the message list or the headers of the selected message within the pane?

Former: Options -> Preferences... -> Message List
Latter: Options -> Preferences... -> Viewer/Editor -> Header Layout

I think it was Message List. You click one and the message body displays in the preview pane. I am not sure now what was the default. I changed it to 12. It would be nice to have a large graphic that explains what the different parts look like in total, otherwise you are guessing.

I think I have been hearing the sound that TB makes when it receives email. But, I [think] I have been hearing it even when new email has not been received. I unchecked the box "Play sound when new mail arrives" Of course, there could be other reasons for this as well.
Edited: Frederick Smith - 18 January 2024 00:24:08

Frederick Smith wrote:
I think I have been hearing the sound that TB makes when it receives email. But, I [think] I have been hearing it even when new email has not been received. I unchecked the box "Play sound when new mail arrives" Of course, there could be other reasons for this as well.

There are other events that can trigger a sound and can be turned off:

Preferences... -> General: Logging Errors, Warnings
Preferences... -> Other: Play sound when message search finishes

The majority of the program's settings is stored in the Windows Registry. Here is what you can do in order to reset all these settings and see whether it helps you get rid of the issues you were having. And so:

1. Close The Bat!
2. Open the Registry editor via "Start -> Run -> regedit -> OK" (press Windows+R to invoke "Run") and under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RIT\...\ rename "RIT" into "RIT_1". This is reversible in case you need it.
3. Start The Bat!, sel ect the option "User-defined directory" and paste the path to your mail data folder or leave the default setting if your data folder is stored in the default location under C:\Users\{UserName}\AppData\Roaming\The Bat!\
4. Unlock the program using your registration key for v10.

Now you have all the settings reset to default.
From my ticket. I was wondering if this would help with the sounds I mentioned and other settings that are "off"? It seems as if it would be a lot of work to set everything up again?
Edited: Frederick Smith - 19 January 2024 02:47:24

Frederick Smith wrote:
From my ticket. I was wondering if this would help with the sounds I mentioned and other settings that are "off"? It seems as if it would be a lot of work to set everything up again?

The procedure described there would "reset" all TB settings to their default values. Not worth the trouble just for adjusting sounds.

Before I upgrade to v11.x, I need to understand what this "indexing" is and how to turn it off. I remember seeing comments about it being a resource hog.

Miloš Radovanović I can not seem to figure out how to PM. I wanted to get information about a potential extension of my license from v11 to v12 as well.  

Frederick Smith wrote:
Miloš Radovanović  I can not seem to figure out how to PM. I wanted to get information about a potential extension of my license from v11 to v12 as well.  

Frederick, PM's in this forum no longer seem to work. Also, no Ritlabs employees monitor this forum. To discuss licensing, please contact Ritlabs directly by creating a support ticket or using one of the methods shown at https://www.ritlabs.com/en/about/
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Frederick Smith wrote:
Before I upgrade to v11.x, I need to understand what this "indexing" is and how to turn it off. I remember seeing comments about it being a resource hog.

The whole story is here: https://www.ritlabs.com/en/auth-forums/forum4/topic16259/

I advise you to wait a bit before upgrading to v11, especially since you had problems which forced you to go back to v10. There are major problems with the conversation view and it's associated indexing that need to be addressed.

Miloš Radovanović wrote:
Frederick Smith wrote:

The whole story is here:  https://www.ritlabs.com/en/auth-forums/forum4/topic16259/

I advise you to wait a bit before upgrading to v11, especially since you had problems which forced you to go back to v10. There are major problems with the conversation view and it's associated indexing that need to be addressed.
I imagine that this is somewhat hardware related. I have a Intel CORE I5 with 16 gigs of RAM.

Frederick Smith wrote:
I imagine that this is somewhat hardware related. I have a Intel CORE I5 with 16 gigs of RAM.

I don't think so, you should be fine with that.

I was thinking about doing a thorough uninstall of 11.x [using Total Uninstall] which has been a disaster for me. I still have "thebat_64_10-5-2-1" on my drive. waplus
projectfreetv.onl
Edited: pone drake - 27 January 2024 20:25:47

pone drake wrote:
I was thinking about doing a thorough uninstall of 11.x [using Total Uninstall] which has been a disaster for me. I still have "thebat_64_10-5-2-1" on my drive.

Check out various ways to preserve your settings in case Total Uninstall wipes the registry: https://www.ritlabs.com/en/auth-forums/forum4/topic16287/

Also, v10.5.4 available in archived versions is pretty good from my experience.
Pages: Prev. 1 2