Pages: 1
RSS
The Bat! v11 Released Today, The Bat! v11 Features a New Conversation Thread View

" We are pleased to announce the release of The Bat! version 11, featuring the Conversation Thread View. This marks the debut of a streamlined approach to viewing and organizing related emails.

Understanding Conversation Thread View:

The newly introduced Conversation Thread View offers a swift summary of messages that share similarities. This feature provides users with a comprehensive and coherent display of email threads, making it easier to follow and manage conversations without switching between folders and accounts. Additionally, you can reply to emails without losing context and quickly navigate to previous messages.

A Glimpse of the Future:

This initial version of Conversation Thread View sets the stage for future enhancements and improvements. As we move forward, we are committed to refining and expanding this feature to further enhance your email experience.

Improved Attachment Panel

Explore the new attachment panel in The Bat! v11, which makes it easier for you to see and deal with attachments in emails. Now, you can easily save attachments to your computer, open them in another app, or check them out right in the email. The better attachment tabs let you switch between them smoothly, so finding the file you want is fast and simple.

Automatic Message Decryption

The Bat! v11 allows you to automatically decrypt messages encrypted with PGP, making it effortless for you to read and respond to confidential information. Now, you can seamlessly manage encrypted messages without the hassle of manual decryption. Moreover, our built-in S/MIME certificate manager ensures secure sending of encrypted messages, adding an extra layer of protection to your communication.

Smart Upgrade

If you purchased The Bat! v10 after June 1, 2023, we have good news for you - Smart Upgrade allows you to upgrade to The Bat! v11 for free. You don't need to enter a key to activate the new version. Just install The Bat! v11 and enjoy the new features right away!  "

Download The Bat! v11.0

Purchase The Bat! v11
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Nice try with the new Convsersation Thread View, however IMHO in the new Conversation Thread View the headers are WAY TOO BIG, not optimized space. In-message reply, forward and redirect menu is useless since we already have these in the general menu.
Also in this  new Conversation Thread View there should be an option to have messages displayed in the reverse order, from newest to oldest.
It is currently barely usable.
It is possible to revert to classic view BUT apparently you removed the ability to display attachments on the vertical left side of the message preview, which was very convenient when dealing frequently with attachments.
All in all unless theses issues are corrected version 11 is a step back in usability.

I just purchased an upgrade from version 10 to 11, unfortunately it shows in the info tab that the license is valid up to version 10,999. Not really a good start. I am now awaiting a response from ritlabs to see how this will be corrected.

I bought in november, and still see its valid until v10.99. Bit confused here, do I need to buy an upgrade? I entered the new serial, but it keeps saying its valid until v10.99
Edited: Richard Splinter - 21 December 2023 21:20:29

I don't get it.  Don't see it.  I like the new message body UI in general, but just can't figure out how to get the display shown in the new post. I doubt I'll want/use it, but would like to give it a try.

Rick Gijsbers wrote:
I just purchased an upgrade from version 10 to 11, unfortunately it shows in the info tab that the license is valid up to version 10,999. Not really a good start. I am now awaiting a response from ritlabs to see how this will be corrected.

I have the same. Yesterday I bought an update from version 10 to the latest version and it shows in the info tab that the license is valid up to version 10.999.

The email I received from the producer is titled The Bat! v11 Professional (Upgrade) registration key and the information inside on email is information  This is your registration key for The Bat! v10.

Is it the same for you?
Edited: Arkadiusz Dzik - 22 December 2023 09:35:42

Yes its a bit strange. I return d to The Bat! A few weeks ago. First Im really surprised that version number was changed so quckky...
Anyway I installed v11 and it works. I got mail but the information that my lucense is valid until 10.999 is just confusing. I hope its a bug :) And I think they should wait with the release till January.

Arkadiusz Dzik wrote:

I have the same. Yesterday I bought an update from version 10 to the latest version and it shows in the info tab that the license is valid up to version 10.999.

The email I received from the producer is titled  The Bat! v11 Professional (Upgrade) registration key  and the information inside on email is information  T his is your registration key for The Bat! v10.  

Is it the same for you?
Excact the same.

All questions about your licenses send directly to the support. There are no RitLabs employees here. If you was see here employees - that was a dream. This is user to user forum.
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

George Salnik wrote:
All questions about your licenses send directly to the support. There are no RitLabs employees here. If you was see here employees - that was a dream. This is user to user forum.
I made a ticket for this. Good to know there are more users with the same experience.

Got a respond today, they made an update for this issue, The Bat! v11.0.1
Edited: Rick Gijsbers - 22 December 2023 20:41:08

One thing I noticed about the new Thread View is that it all seems to load much faster than the old version!  Often I'd get the "No Messages Loaded" message, which would sit there for quite awhile.  Now it just pops momentarily and then the new View appears.  I LIKE IT!

"Nice try with the new Convsersation Thread View, however IMHO in the new  Conversation Thread View the headers are WAY TOO BIG, not optimized  space."
Yes- on 12 inch laptop it looks like a joke or a new UI for (big) touchscreen.
On the other hand why here there is no focus on screenshot which is the opposite -way to small to see new view (but maybe most of TB! users use huge 30+ screens - who knows?).
For me the new feature is not worth new license (not yet)  :/
Edited: Wojtek P - 30 December 2023 19:41:32 (small changes)

I purchased the new version and see that the message viewer has totally changed. A lot of space is stolen by the grey frame, I also cannot select multiple attachments and have to download them one by one. Is there any way to disable this innovation and revert to the old interface?

>>  Is there any way to disable this innovation and revert to the old interface?
https://www.ritlabs.com/en/auth-forums/forum4/topic16243/
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

Wojtek P wrote:
 "Nice try with the new Convsersation Thread View, however IMHO in the new  Conversation Thread View the headers are WAY TOO BIG, not optimized  space."  
Yes- on 12 inch laptop it looks like a joke or a new UI for (big) touchscreen.
On the other hand why  here  there is no focus on screenshot which is the opposite -way to small to see new view (but maybe most of TB! users use huge 30+ screens - who knows?).
For me the new feature is not worth new license (not yet)  :/
I made a ticket for that so they see the problem.
Pages: 1