The Email Client by Ritlabs, SRL Comes Back with New Features!
The new The Bat!’s features make your email handling easier and increase the security
Chisinau, 14.11.2013 – today Ritlabs, SRL releases the version 6.0 of the email client The Bat! that is well-known for its security and functionality for a long time already. Since the last Update 5.0 dated back to the year 2011 has changed a lot: the email client recognizes now the address data in the text of the emails; new functions of the Sorting Office filters and Editor make the work much easier; the advanced interface for the third-party plug-ins makes it possible to create new plug-ins, such as plug-ins for handling contact lists or security features. Quite practical is also the new redirect function “Edit as new”: it is possible to open the original email for editing, to change the original email text and to send the email without the attached file with the original email.
Especially now when the spying scandal is increasing the support of PGP options as well as internal HTML-Viewer makes The Bat! even more reliable. Besides this The Bat! will be available as a 64-bit version for the first time.
The actual Update 6.0 provides multi-lingual features: The Bat! 6.0 is a fully-Unicode program and now handles Internationalized Domain Names.
A review of the most significant features of the last 2,5 years:
- Automatic address data recognition: new filter extracts structured data, as for example email address, from the text of an email.
- Advanced interface for developing plug-ins: third-party plug-ins, such as anti-spam, antivirus and macro plug-ins with a bigger set of options can be now developed for The Bat!
- More filter functions in the Sorting Office: sorting, exporting, printing of emails as well as replying, forwarding and redirecting emails using personal templates are now easier.
- New redirect function “Edit as new”: it is possible to open the original email for editing, to change the original email text and to send the email without the attached file with the original email.
- Qucik Reply: the Quick Reply option in the Message Auto-View makes it possible to reply to an email without the need to open it in a separate window.
- More font options: it is possible to choose different fonts and font sizes within one colour group.
- A better protection against malware provided by the improved internal HTML-Viewer: only the contents from those hosts which the user marks as trusted will be downloaded into the program. It means that tracking of emails using hidden HTML elements (“Pixel Tracking”) will be not possible if the internal HTML-Viewer is used.
- Safe and invulnerable: emails can be encrypted using PGP as well as GnuPG and S/MIME.
- Easier certification for users, for example, in small companies: The Bat! offers a possibility to use the self-issued certificates within a company instead of using services of third-party certificate authorities such as Thawte or Verisign to request certificates.
The Bat! 6.0 with Unicode and IDN support: The Bat! speaks many languages
- The Bat! 6.0 supports Internationalized Domain Names (IDN), which means that along with Latin characters also domains with characters from other alphabets such as Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Russian are recognized correctly. Thus domain names containing alphabet-based characters with diacritics, such as German Umlaute and French accentuated vowels will be processed correctly from now on.
- The Bat! 6.0 is now a fully-Unicode application, which gives advantage to the users that work with multiple languages simultaneously. While previous versions worked mostly well with multiple languages in file names, subject lines, etc., there were places that a language different that Windows-default language "for non-Unicode programs" might not work well in The Bat! For example, it allows to use the German language under a Russian OS without erroneous presentation of such words as "unverschlьsselt" (instead of "unverschlüsselt"). The Bat! 6.0 fully supports Unicode Standard that uses a unified digital code for the most of the world's writing systems.
- The Bat! 6.0 is available in two versions – 32-bit and 64-bit. The new The Bat! 64-bit version will be released after November 21, 2013. It runs better under Windows 64-bit and can access Microsoft Exchange Server if MS Outlook 64-bit is installed. This enables the exchange of emails inside one group or enterprise.
- The Bat! is optimized to be displayed on high DPI monitors, it means that the program will be displayed correctly on any computer and under any Windows OS and it will correctly display bigger fonts.
- The Bat! 6.0 introduces a new Sorting Office option – it is now possible to extract files by masks.
The screenshots of the new version The Bat! 6.0 can be downloaded here: http://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/interface.php
System requirements and languages
The Bat! 6.0 is available in two versions – 32-bit and 64-bit – and has very few system requirements. The Bat! 6.0 is available in 17 languages.
The Bat! 6.0 Home Edition costs 19,95 Euro, The Bat! 6.0 Professional Edition costs 39,95 Euro.
Users who purchased The Bat! after September 26, 2013 can use all versions The Bat! 6.xx up to 7.0.99 without additional payment.
Users who purchased the license between December 23, 2010 and September 26, 2013 can use The Bat! 6.0 without additional payment, but starting with the version 6.1 the new registration key will be needed.
More information about licenses and upgrade conditions: http://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/order.php
The Bat! 6.0 as well as other Ritlabs, SRL products can be downloaded here: http://www.ritlabs.com/de/products/thebat/download.php
About Ritlabs, SRL
Software producing company Ritlabs, SRL specializes in high-quality communicational products, which fulfill the requirements of safe and protected from viruses information transfer. The products developed by Ritlabs, SRL - The Bat! Voyager, Argus, SecureBat!, BatPost, DosNavigator – rely on the experience and the knowledge of the needs of Ritlabs, SRL customers. The Bat! first entered the world market in 1998 and nowadays is the leading email client having millions of users worldwide. Ritlabs, SRL customers range from home-computing enthusiasts to business and government organizations including banks and other financial institutions, the aerospace industry, oil and gas producers, IT software and hardware companies, and a wide spectrum of small and large businesses. Ritlabs, SRL is based in Chisinau, Republic of Moldova, city with a long history of technology development expertise.