Pages: 1
RSS
when the advanced filtering is showing boxes, do they affect the filtering logic?

When the advanced filtering is showing boxes, do they affect the filtering logic?

e.g. The first five filters might be in a box, and then there is another one or two or more filters in their own box.

I am specificially thinking of virtual folders, but since it is called "Advanced Filtering", I figger it might go to this section.

Thanks!
Edited: Steven Avery - 29 April 2019 03:31:12

Yes, when filtering conditions appear in a box, the preceding AND/OR(etc) statement will apply to the box as a whole.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
Yes, when filtering conditions appear in a box, the preceding AND/OR(etc) statement will apply to the box as a whole.
Thanks!  

With that in mind, what is the best way to do filters, when you want say, start with 3 ORs limited by 3 ANDs.

OR  
Header:Southwest Air
OR Header: SouthwestAir
OR Message Source: Southwest Airlines

AND
AND Age less than 30 days
AND not header TravelZoo
AND not header Priceline

The ANDS are full restrictions.  

What is the best way, without repeating any filters.  

Does it involve the boxes?

Hope that is clear.
I realize that might look a little unusual, but with Virtual folders, unusual is the norm!

For me, virtual folders are wonderful, and key, but I want them fine tailored to be relatively small.

Steven

Edited: Steven Avery - 09 June 2019 20:08:35
Pages: 1