Pages: 1
RSS
A few questions about version 3.5 junkmail filtering

I've just returned to The Bat after a several year absence. I upgraded to version 3.5 and have a few questions about the junkmail filter.

1) Is there any way to set the address book entries as a "white list" so that any email from an address book entry isn't marked as junk?

2) When marking a message as junk, it automatically transfers it to the junkmail folder. Is the reverse opposite? If I click on an email in the junkmail folder and select "not junk" it would be nice if it transfers it back to the inbox. Currently, there is no type of acknowledgement, when you click on "not junk" you can't tell if anything happens.

Thanks,

JD

I am a new user to The Bat! and had this same doubt. I don´t understand why this post did not receive an answer, it sounds pretty obvious to want your anti-spam to whitelist known senders.

If BayesIt plugin is incapable of doing this is there any other that would?

Where can I get more information on how to use the BayesIt plugin?

Yes, getting answers in this forum is like pulling teeth. It's understandable if it's just made up of end users. What makes matters worse is The Bat's knowledge base and help file is seriously lacking.

The BayesIt plugin really isn't worth using in my opinion, it would probably be better to use a different anti-spam program altogether. It does have a whitelist but you have to individually add email addresses to it which isn't very practical if you have many addresses. Even then, I'm not sure if it works or not. And address book whitelist is pretty basic and if an anti spam plugin doesn't have that feature, well then how good can it really be?

Ok, so I ditched the BayesIt plugin that comes with the installation package and got another one, Bayes Filter Puglin v2.0.3. It´s available here. This one allows for easy whitelisting of emails addresses. Just copy paste a text list into a whitelist file and done. It is not linked to the address book but you can export the address book to a text file.

On your second point, Jim, regarding putting non-spam back to the Inbox. This can get tricky as it is possible to have several accounts and thus Inboxes. I, for example, have 3 accounts and a unified Junk folder so it wouldn't be obvious to which Inbox to move it back to.

axyz wrote:
Ok, so I ditched the BayesIt plugin that comes with the installation package and got another one, Bayes Filter Puglin v2.0.3. It´s available here.

Thanks for locating that, I'll give it a try.

axyz wrote:
On your second point, Jim, regarding putting non-spam back to the Inbox. This can get tricky as it is possible to have several accounts and thus Inboxes. I, for example, have 3 accounts and a unified Junk folder so it wouldn't be obvious to which Inbox to move it back to.

Did you set it up that way? I have several email accounts and each have their own set of folders including their own junkmail folder. Personally, I prefer just one set of folders, a "global" set for all accounts but I thought I'd try The Bat's method of separate folders. I really don't like it too much, it clutters things up. I may look to creating filters to send everything to global folders in the future.
Pages: 1