Pages: 1
RSS
Who's in charge, The Bat or I?

Overall The Bat works as expected.
However there are a few unexpected things that have been occurring.

The first was the disappearing messages that I discussed in another thread.

The Bat decided a while ago, on its own, to create 'Analyze' sub-folders for a couple of accounts.
I don't know why it created them nor do I know what it is analyzing?

Inside these 'Analyze' folders it decided, on its own, to create even more sub-folders!
I just noticed yesterday that when I reply to an e-mail that finds itself inside one of these sub-sub-folders,
the reply isn't found inside the Sent folder (which is standard for all my other accounts, and logical).
Rather, the reply is found inside the same sub-sub-folder, along with the original e-mails I am replying to!
So the Incoming and Sent e-mails are MIXED together in the same folder!

So as the title asks, Who is in charge, The Bat or I?
Who decides which folders my e-mails go to?
And who decides which folders are created, The Bat or I?
Edited: Mad Batter - 04 November 2023 18:19:41

I guess you must have run the Inbox Analyzer and have agreed to the changes that it proposed (i.e. the creation of folders and filters and the moving of messages into those folders).
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
I guess you must have run the Inbox Analyzer and have agreed to the changes that it proposed (i.e. the creation of folders and filters and the moving of messages into those folders).
Well it started on its own one time and just kept repeating itself.
I didn't, on my own, go into a menu and turn it on.

How do I:
a) turn it off for all accounts?
b) get the e-mail back to the folders where they belong?
c) remove the folders it created without jinxing the rest of TB?

Thanks!

Well, it may pop up on occasion and offer its services, but it seems very unlikely that it would actually make subfolders and filters and move messages on its own accord, without your explicit permission.

See Options | Preferences | Inbox Analyzer for its settings.

To undo its actions, I would first check each account's Sorting Office to remove any filters that it may have made that you don't want to keep.
When that's done, move messages from subfolders back to the inbox (just select, then drag & drop them).
And finally remove the emptied subfolders that you'll no longer use.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.
Pages: 1