Pages: 1
RSS
Mark all messages read on Trash

I got the below directions how to make all messages read in the Trash folder
Create a new filter with the condition "Any message" and action "Flags -> Mark the message as read", then switch to the "Folder" tab and select the Trash folder only, save changes.

but where is such functionality for a folder? I can see the "Create filter" for the selected message.

Yes, it looks confusing. There is no "Folder" tab in the Sorting Office. Maybe the intention was to create the filter for "Any message" and action "Mark the message as read", but to apply it to the Trash folder by right-clicking on the folder and selecting "Re-filter...". There you have the option under the "Folder(s)" tab to apply the filter to the current folder only.

But why use a dedicated filter? If you just want to mark all existing messages in the Trash folder as read, you can do it from the message list simply with Ctrl+A (select all messages) and Ctrl+M (mark as read).

Looks like there is a bug in The Bat which doesn't allow to delete messages from the IMAP Trash after X days on close. When that part is automated I want to automate to mark as read so it will delete accordingly.  

For POP3 accounts: Go to its 'Properties | Mail Management | Deletion' and mark "Mark Deleted Messages as Read'. This will cause all future deleted messages to be marked read (I thought this was the default setting, actually). I don't know if there's an equivalent setting for IMAP accounts - there may well be.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.
Pages: 1