Pages: 1
RSS
Strange entries in log, "Could not create the folder" messages

What's going on here? The status bar (and log) are filled with lines like this:

!2024-01-30, 08:49:17: FILTR - Could not create the folder named \\gmail\[Google Mail]\keeps\economist  Please change the name
!2024-01-30, 08:49:17: FILTR - Could not create the folder named \\gmail\[Google Mail]\keeps\mozilla  Please change the name
!2024-01-30, 08:49:17: FILTR - Could not create the folder named \\gmail\[Google Mail]\keeps\lotto  Please change the name
!2024-01-30, 08:49:17: FILTR - Could not create the folder named \\gmail\[Google Mail]\keeps\38degrees  Please change the name
!2024-01-30, 08:49:17: FILTR - Could not create the folder named \\gmail\[Google Mail]\keeps\independent  Please change the name

These folders already exist, and in most cases the filter action is successful.

Is The Bat simply trying to create folders by default? Is this not inefficient, when a folder already exists?  

It's probably a parsing error due to the brackets in the folder names. My suggestion is that you ignore the errors if everything works fine otherwise, or to report it to Ritlabs (using the Support menu) above if it continues to bother you.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Chris Ramsden wrote:

These folders already exist, and in most cases the filter action is successful.

Is The Bat simply trying to create folders by default? Is this not inefficient, when a folder already exists?  
Brackets are used by default to denote the names of virtual folders, as opposed to regular folders. You can't get rid of them.
I think automatic folder creation is enabled in the filter and perhaps disabling this option will help.

Zygmunt Wereszczyński wrote:
I think automatic folder creation is enabled in the filter and perhaps disabling this option will help.

Ah yes, right clicking on the action of the filter and selecting Edit Action will reveal the option to disable automatic folder creation if necessary. I expect this will make the messages go away.

Still, this reveals a bug where TB is at least sometimes unable to correctly determine the existence of IMAP folders. Please do report this to support.

EDIT: However, since some of the folders appear to be virtual, detection of existence was maybe never supposed to work.
Edited: Miloš Radovanović - 30 January 2024 19:40:14
Pages: 1